Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 468 posts
  • 158 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Randy_G
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221022_145017 (resized).jpg
    Expo 22 booth sm (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1666456596750 (resized).jpg
    unnamed (1)ab (resized).jpg
    unnamed (1)a (resized).jpg
    unnamed (1)asd (resized).jpg
    unnamed (8)a (resized).jpg
    expo 14 (resized).png
    rocky-horror-dancing-rocky.gif
    PXL_20220529_014749835 (resized).jpg
    3717FBCE-A574-4E6B-90DC-C9A669A5D55E (resized).jpeg
    6D160B54-71BE-4D37-88D3-07A719C29B56 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4464 (resized).JPG
    rgl (resized).jpg
    20221022_155904 (resized).jpg
    5EC12C00-2B66-4EDA-8F83-0510059A2638 (resized).jpeg
    There are 468 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
    #101 1 year ago

Holiday. Celebrate.

#102 1 year ago

Let's party

#103 1 year ago

GoddamnFB_IMG_1665549479506 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1665549479506 (resized).jpg

#104 1 year ago

Just posted up the pinside badge and meet and greet threads earlier today! Under pinball events

JJ

#105 1 year ago

Any thoughts/ideas on transport from ohare to hotel?

#106 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dwboca:

I use commuter rail, taking the UP (ex-CNW) Northwest Line to Palatine.
    .................David Marston

#107 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dwboca:

Uber or Lyft are probably your best bet.

#108 1 year ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

I use commuter rail, taking the UP (ex-CNW) Northwest Line to Palatine.

Just my thought, but for someone going to the Schaumberg hotel from O'Hare wouldn't they have to find a ride to a station north of O'Hare (probably Des Plaines?), then take the train to Palatine, and then get another ride from Palatine to the hotel? I'd think they'd be better off just getting into a ride share at O'Hare. Probably a similar cost and a lot shorter time.

#109 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dwboca:

I did Uber last year from O'Hare. About $40 to hotel, and $40 back to airport Sunday.

#110 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I did Uber last year from O'Hare. About $40 to hotel, and $40 back to airport Sunday.

WHAT? You cocksucker you were there?
    Notice to all future cocksuckers, Lemmy know you're there.

#111 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Maybe I’ll be there. For sure I’ll be at jay’s again

#112 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

One of my favorite pics from last year.
    Gary and I doing shots after closing on Sat.

20211030_225202 (resized).jpg20211030_225202 (resized).jpg
    #113 1 year ago
    20211027_205306 (resized).jpg20211027_205306 (resized).jpg
    #114 1 year ago

I'm pretty sure I'll be there. My first convention ever. Hope to meet some of you guys!

#115 1 year ago
    Quoted from EaglePin:

Just my thought, but for someone going to the Schaumberg hotel from O'Hare wouldn't they have to find a ride to a station north of O'Hare (probably Des Plaines?), then take the train to Palatine, and then get another ride from Palatine to the hotel? I'd think they'd be better off just getting into a ride share at O'Hare. Probably a similar cost and a lot shorter time.

You identified the most likely route, via Des Plaines. It would take some time. The hotel does send shuttles to Palatine upon request. However, I think the cost is a lot less, depending on how you get to Des Plaines.

I'm coming in from downtown Chicago, which puts me in a position to use commuter rail more readily.

#116 1 year ago

Is there a list of what games will be in free play? I'm trying to decide which game to bring.

#117 1 year ago
    Quoted from bbaker2824:

Is there a list of what games will be in free play?

Not really. Sometimes people post what they're bringing, but every year it becomes less & less of a "bring games" kinda show, unfortunately. I'm sure whatever you bring will be appreciated. Especially if it's 100% working & leveled.

I'm planning to bring TOTAN.

#118 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Nice! Whatever I bring will be shopped and in good condition. Thinking about a restored DW, RCT... maybe RBION.

#119 1 year ago
    Quoted from mjhale:

The museum endeavor in Girard, Ohio is indeed underway. Check Past Times Arcade on Facebook for updates. This will actually benefit Expo this year. We are planning to bring 100+ games which will be 100% before they are broken down and hauled 6 1/2 hours to Chicago. Inevitably, issues will arise in the transition but we are better prepared this year on the front end due to having more time, more staff helping at the museum, and more techs on hand when we arrive. On that note, if anyone would be interested in volunteering to help setup, repair, and/or tear down, send me a direct message and I can inquire about compensating you with a free registration depending on your availability to help us out. Having the "Bumper Blast" at Enterrium on Wednesday, as opposed to opening the main floor that evening, will also allow for more time to setup and test games before everything opens at noon on Thursday.
    This year, the vendor area and the freeplay area will be a shared space with games being in pods of 20 spaced around the vendor booths. If you are curious of which games we are planning to bring along, here is the working list that we will be updating over the next month. We will not be bringing new titles as we would like for the vendors to choose these games without interfering in any way with their showcase. However, if you are a fan of electromechanical pins, we currently have a pretty solid working list.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10vNYmhG-qsGqpgNuXAhZS_PF_GfzxyKxdVTnQMud65Q/edit?usp=sharing

This list of free play games was posted a few weeks ago.

#120 1 year ago

If anyone coming to Expo is either in Eau Claire or will be passing through and would be willing to grab some items being donated to our charity auction, please let me know and we can talk about the details. Thanks.

Brad
    Project Pinball

#121 1 year ago
    Quoted from bbaker2824:

Nice! Whatever I bring will be shopped and in good condition. Thinking about a restored DW, RCT... maybe RBION.

Would love to play a nice RCT

#122 1 year ago
    Quoted from BoilerUp:

This list of free play games was posted a few weeks ago.

Thanks for posting this. I missed it. I don't see RCT on there so I'll bring it.

#123 1 year ago
    Quoted from bbaker2824:

Brad always has nice games

#124 1 year ago

Question to the group. This will be my first expo, if I want a translite signed do they sell them there or should I bring my own? Just not sure what is for sale and the vendors. The website does not call that out.

Thanks everyone in advance

#125 1 year ago
    Quoted from TroyS:

Question to the group. This will be my first expo, if I want a translite signed do they sell them there or should I bring my own? Just not sure what is for sale and the vendors. The website does not call that out.
    Thanks everyone in advance

I would bring your own items that you want signed.
    That way if the sellers do not have it, you're not out.

#126 1 year ago
    Quoted from chad:

I would bring your own items that you want signed.
    That way if the sellers do not have it, you're not out.

Thanks!! Are there many vendors at the expo?

#127 1 year ago

Do you want a 'sneak peek' at what all is available at our silent auction at Expo? Here is a link:

https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/pinballexpo-2022-projectpinball-silentauction/Campaign/Details

Bidding will go live at Noon (EST) this Sunday. Thanks to all donors and supporters of the charity, we look forward to seeing many of you at the show!

Brad
    Project Pinball

#128 1 year ago
    Quoted from TroyS:

Thanks!! Are there many vendors at the expo?

Yes quite a few.

#129 1 year ago

Please post pictures if you can when it starts.

Especially anything new or exciting.

LTG : )

#130 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Please post pictures if you can when it starts.
    Especially anything new or exciting.
    LTG : )

I totally will!

#131 1 year ago
    Quoted from bbaker2824:

Man I'm thinkin I met you at Chad Kellers last big party?
    Man that was some good times.

#132 1 year ago

Going to Have a A GZ Prem, LZ Prem and a CCR SE that are being unboxed and used in our suite for sale expo pickup. PM me for pricing

JJ

#133 1 year ago

Expo booth and tournament games available, quite a few games sold today, but still have at least 1 of each of these titles, trades welcome

Godzilla Premium
    Godzilla Pro
    Guardians of the galaxy pro
    Mandalorian pro
    mandalorian premium
    rush pro
    rush premium
    led zeppelin pro
    led zeppelin premium
    deadpool pro
    deadpool premium
    Jurassic park pro
    jurassic park premium

#134 1 year ago

First time going to pinball expo. Will be vendors Comet Pinball and CPR be there? Was hoping to get some LEDs and a mirrored back glass.

#135 1 year ago
    Quoted from rsos1:

First time going to pinball expo. Will be vendors Comet Pinball and CPR be there? Was hoping to get some LEDs and a mirrored back glass.

CPR doesn't show, But. StarShip Fantasy from Arizona will be there. Email them quickly with your list as they leave the 16th for Expo.

Edit: regarding backglasses.

#136 1 year ago

Any Bonds available?

#138 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

No bonds are for sale

Any Bonds will be at the show?

#140 1 year ago

What about bail bonds?

#141 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

What about bail bonds?

#142 1 year ago

Excellent Movie!

663833-midnight-run-movie-quotes-1116699 (resized).jpg663833-midnight-run-movie-quotes-1116699 (resized).jpg
    #143 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Not really. Sometimes people post what they're bringing, but every year it becomes less & less of a "bring games" kinda show, unfortunately. I'm sure whatever you bring will be appreciated. Especially if it's 100% working & leveled.

I am overseeing the 120+ games being brought to Expo this year. I feel incredibly proud of our team and can assure everyone that these games will be better than in the past. Will games go down? Of course some will, but we will do our best to keep them up and running. Other shows, which have a lower ticket fee (York/Allentown), are heavily comprised of personal games. Genuinely curious why this is the case. Thanks for the feedback. Safe travels!

Game list:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10vNYmhG-qsGqpgNuXAhZS_PF_GfzxyKxdVTnQMud65Q/edit?usp=sharing

#144 1 year ago

Looks like bumper blast isn't included with bringing a game entrance. How do you get a ticket for that?

#145 1 year ago
    Quoted from chad:

Excellent Movie![quoted image]

Top 3 funny cop/buddy movies...

Midnight Run
    Running Scared
    Beverly hills cop

That's all I got...I'm sure I'm forgetting another.

Almost mugged (resized).jpgAlmost mugged (resized).jpgBeverly-Hills-Cop-Buddies (resized).jpgBeverly-Hills-Cop-Buddies (resized).jpg
    #146 1 year ago

Pinball Life party this year?

#147 1 year ago
    Quoted from callaway15:

Pinball Life party this year?

The Pinball Life party stopped a few years back due to space constraints. Bangor Jay picked and has the Pinball Olympics now.

#148 1 year ago

Hey Pinsiders!

I’m trying to get someone to join me as a fellow country team member for the Pinball Expo 2022 World Cup Tournament ($1,000 cash prize! $50 buy-in for two members!). More info here: https://pinballexpo.com/world-cup/

USA is already filled (two teams max per country).

I’m open to registering under any other country, although I do have dual citizenship status with Lebanon / USA (I don’t think they’re checking passports!)

Please let me know if you’re interested and I can register as a country team!

thanks,
    -RD

#149 1 year ago

Both the Allentown and York shows were started as more of a local collectors get together / flea market. Where Expo started as more of industry type event that draws people from all over the world. Obviously all the shows have mutated over the years as the Pinball collecting hobby has grown and changed. The logistics of moving a large number of game from anyone's collection around is a huge barrier for a two day event.

Quoted from mjhale:

I am overseeing the 120+ games being brought to Expo this year. I feel incredibly proud of our team and can assure everyone that these games will be better than in the past. Will games go down? Of course some will, but we will do our best to keep them up and running. Other shows, which have a lower ticket fee (York/Allentown), are heavily comprised of personal games. Genuinely curious why this is the case. Thanks for the feedback. Safe travels!
    Game list:

#150 1 year ago

I can bring this or any of the items I have for sale to the Show.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-playfield-

There are 468 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-pinball-expo-2022/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.