Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IFPA_Tournament_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikehay1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 6 years ago

I am willing to toss my hat in the ring if people want to try again to get a group going. I am a bit east, being in the Gurnee area but I do have 7 working machines, so that is a start.

#62 6 years ago

The ball is rolling and it looks like a meeting may happen after expo. If anyone wants to do a local meet and greet (in Lindenhurst) before the expo on Saturday October 7th at 2pm or so, I am offering an open house with overly affectionate puppies, beer and a whopping 7 pins. I have no idea if I am supposed to just post my address or PM address and # for people that ask.

1 week later
    #69 6 years ago

Thanks to the guys that came by today. There was a group discussion and the outline of a plan. The plan is to try and form a social pinball club pretty much open to anyone (pinball owners and anyone interested in wild flipping) that would like to be sociable and play pins at various houses (no real discussion of how large of an area covered). This leads to how many people are willing to host the gathering of the masses. A rough schedule looks like the 1st Thursday of every month from 6pm to around 11pm with a mass sharing of beer and munchies. I guess the only limiting factor would be the size of the host's establishment. We came up with a possible name for the group.............Beat Your Pin
    and I am volunteering my place for the next meeting - 1st Thursday of November 6pm till 11pm. Any and all welcome (well should be able to handle at least 40)

#71 6 years ago

We did not do a master list at the shindig, so I assume we have to start one at the November get together. For anyone that wants to come to the November 2nd gathering of the pins, you can PM me like last time for my address. I have friends that do not own any pins but would like to start getting into the hobby and go to a pin party like this once in awhile. Does anyone have heartburn with people like this showing up that obviously can not host a pin gathering themselves?

3 weeks later
    #77 6 years ago

This Thursday night from 6pm till 11pm we are having another get together of the small (forming) group that got together a month ago. It is being held at my house in Lindenhurst and if anyone is interested in a meet and great plus beating on my 7 pins, I can message you my address. Anyone and everyone welcome, my dogs love everybody.

Mike

1 month later
    #85 6 years ago

I am back in town and this Thursday night from 6pm till 11pm (this time was picked by many people having too much going on Fridays and the weekends). I talked the wife into it and we are having another get together of the small (forming) group that got together (just over) a month ago. It is being held at my house in Lindenhurst and if anyone is interested in a meet and greet plus beating on my 7 pins, I can message you my address. Anyone and everyone welcome, my dogs are still overly affectionate towards damn near everybody.

1 month later
    #87 6 years ago

Time for a pin party that is slightly different. On this go around, it will be this Saturday at 4pm instead of a weeknight. If you are able to find free time from the family, turn of the work phone and have a fondness for overly-affectionate dogs, you are welcome to wander over to my house. Anyone and everyone welcome and I can send a message with my address to anyone who desires it. This Saturday at 4pm pinparty in Lindenhurst.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikehay1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-nw-suburb-pinball-league?tu=mikehay1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.