Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IFPA_Tournament_(resized).jpg

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I'm a bit further west than most of you guys, but may as well toss my hat into the ring as a potential host / member.
    I mean, assuming we blacklist that out_of_order guy. He's too good!

We should start a small group and call it -88 for our longitude Aurora/Batavia/West Chicago/Elgin/St Charles/West Dundee, LOL.

#52 6 years ago

I'm interested in joining a league and can host in Elk Grove Village.

#53 6 years ago

I wish to be courted, but will only reply with maybe

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

I wish to be courted

Oh, Jay, please be a part of our new league, you are such a great guy and we need more LIONMAN!!!

#55 6 years ago

Interested in being part of a league.

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

CPM we did Saturday nights. it allowed for more game play, socializing and drinking, for those who wanted to, both before and after play.

Saturday nights work for me as long as they don't conflict with my CPA meets.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from 6point5degrees:

Interested in being part of a league.

Quoted from Vince_Giannini:

I'm interested in joining a league and can host in Elk Grove Village.

Quoted from yancy:

I'm a bit further west than most of you guys, but may as well toss my hat into the ring as a potential host / member.

Quoted from TomN:

I'd be interested as well.

Quoted from out_of_order:

I am also interested in joining a new league.

Quoted from badbilly27:

I might be interested as well, just so busy with work right now to fully focus.

Quoted from gweempose:

Yeah, it would be really nice getting together some hosts in close proximity.

Quoted from Trekie:

I would be interested.

Quoted from mikehay1:

I am willing to toss my hat in the ring

Quoted from gjm7777:

Yeah I'd be interested depending where

Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Interested as well

Since no one has yet jumped into take the lead in trying to make this to happen, after expo, I'll look to see who else has shown interest and I'll kick something off to see if we can pull this together.

#58 6 years ago

Interested as well

#59 6 years ago

Just need to buy a new house so my machine has a real room to play in and host...lol

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

Oh, Jay, please be a part of our new league, you are such a great guy and we need more LIONMAN!!!

Maybe

#61 6 years ago

I'm interested, a thought would be to have a meeting of interested party's at Level 257 in Schaumburg. We can hash out details and also drink a few beverages and play some pin.

Is Level 257 an option to play? I haven't been there in awhile but at one point they had maybe 8 or so well maintained pins.

#62 6 years ago

The ball is rolling and it looks like a meeting may happen after expo. If anyone wants to do a local meet and greet (in Lindenhurst) before the expo on Saturday October 7th at 2pm or so, I am offering an open house with overly affectionate puppies, beer and a whopping 7 pins. I have no idea if I am supposed to just post my address or PM address and # for people that ask.

#63 6 years ago

Interested, seems like all of the leagues are way south of Lake County.

Quoted from mikehay1:

PM address and # for people that ask.

Go with the PM.

#64 6 years ago

There is a two strikes event at Level 257 the first Tuesday of every month. 7pm start and Stern will be sponsoring with prizes every month starting in October.

All prizes will be awarded randomly to anyone that signs up to play and is there at the end of the night.

Food and drink specials as well. $3 drafts I believe and it's a nice beer selection.

PM me if you're interested in coming out for it.

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from indybru:

I'm interested, a thought would be to have a meeting of interested party's at Level 257 in Schaumburg. We can hash out details and also drink a few beverages and play some pin.
    Is Level 257 an option to play? I haven't been there in awhile but at one point they had maybe 8 or so well maintained pins.

on weekdays they have happy hour with good beer priceing there. $3 any draft.

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from waldo34:

Interested, seems like all of the leagues are way south of Lake County.

Go with the PM.

I like going to Lake County just to not pay cook county taxes.

#67 6 years ago

Count me in for the casual league!

#68 6 years ago

I'm always up for an excuse to have a beer and play pinball, please keep me in the loop!

#69 6 years ago

Thanks to the guys that came by today. There was a group discussion and the outline of a plan. The plan is to try and form a social pinball club pretty much open to anyone (pinball owners and anyone interested in wild flipping) that would like to be sociable and play pins at various houses (no real discussion of how large of an area covered). This leads to how many people are willing to host the gathering of the masses. A rough schedule looks like the 1st Thursday of every month from 6pm to around 11pm with a mass sharing of beer and munchies. I guess the only limiting factor would be the size of the host's establishment. We came up with a possible name for the group.............Beat Your Pin
    and I am volunteering my place for the next meeting - 1st Thursday of November 6pm till 11pm. Any and all welcome (well should be able to handle at least 40)

#70 6 years ago

Cool Now how will signing up for events work?
    I can make Thursday's unless I get stuck late at work.

#71 6 years ago

We did not do a master list at the shindig, so I assume we have to start one at the November get together. For anyone that wants to come to the November 2nd gathering of the pins, you can PM me like last time for my address. I have friends that do not own any pins but would like to start getting into the hobby and go to a pin party like this once in awhile. Does anyone have heartburn with people like this showing up that obviously can not host a pin gathering themselves?

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

I like going to Lake County just to not pay cook county taxes.

Similar to the upcoming IFPA fee; "it's only 2%".

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Similar to the upcoming IFPA fee; "it's only 2%".

and a penny per ounce tax = 12 pack $1.44 (just in county pop tax) I hope they can that.

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

and a penny per ounce tax = 12 pack $1.44 (just in county pop tax) I hope they can that.

Not that I drink a lot of sugared drinks (or smoke cigarettes), but being a mile from lake county certainly has its benefits.

#75 6 years ago

It looks like the soda tax will almost certainly be gone staring on Dec. 1.

#76 6 years ago

I’d be interested in the league.

2 weeks later
    #77 6 years ago

This Thursday night from 6pm till 11pm we are having another get together of the small (forming) group that got together a month ago. It is being held at my house in Lindenhurst and if anyone is interested in a meet and great plus beating on my 7 pins, I can message you my address. Anyone and everyone welcome, my dogs love everybody.

Mike

#78 6 years ago

I’ll try to make it. Sending a PM.

#79 6 years ago

It is my intent to attend. Mike, thanks for arranging this.

#80 6 years ago

I am in.

#81 6 years ago

I just wanted to thank Mike and his lovely wife for hosting last night. It was nice to meet some pinsiders and play a bunch of pinball with likeminded people.

John

2 weeks later
    #82 6 years ago

Hey there guys, I'm a new member of the Level 257 group and Joe pointed out this thread to me after I started a thread a few days ago about get togethers in the northwest burbs. I live in Elgin and would be happy to host a smaller thing...I've only got three machines currently so not sure if that is enough(planning on 4 or 5 within the next year...that's all I have room for in my finished basement). I've currently got WC94, GB Pro, and my AFMR LE should be delivered in the next week or so. I'd also love to attend any gatherings and meet some other pinheads in the area, don't have anyone I know up here to play with.

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from abagwell:

I'd also love to attend any gatherings and meet some other pinheads in the area, don't have anyone I know up here to play with.

Chicago 'burbs are infested with pinheads, so I'm sure you'll get invited to stuff. I'm just north of you in West Dundee. Next time I have a get-together I'll try to keep you in mind. If you're free tomorrow night, I highly recommend Brixie's monthly tourney. RazerX operates the pins there and is a longtime collector & all-around good dude. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brixies-monthly-pinball-tournament/page/3#post-4082758

2 weeks later
    #84 6 years ago

Any one going to the TNA WI launch party in Madison Saturday?

#85 6 years ago

I am back in town and this Thursday night from 6pm till 11pm (this time was picked by many people having too much going on Fridays and the weekends). I talked the wife into it and we are having another get together of the small (forming) group that got together (just over) a month ago. It is being held at my house in Lindenhurst and if anyone is interested in a meet and greet plus beating on my 7 pins, I can message you my address. Anyone and everyone welcome, my dogs are still overly affectionate towards damn near everybody.

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from mikehay1:

I am back in town and this Thursday night from 6pm till 11pm (this time was picked by many people having too much going on Fridays and the weekends). I talked the wife into it and we are having another get together of the small (forming) group that got together (just over) a month ago. It is being held at my house in Lindenhurst and if anyone is interested in a meet and greet plus beating on my 7 pins, I can message you my address. Anyone and everyone welcome, my dogs are still overly affectionate towards damn near everybody.

I can't make it. Going to see the last jedi.

1 month later
    #87 6 years ago

Time for a pin party that is slightly different. On this go around, it will be this Saturday at 4pm instead of a weeknight. If you are able to find free time from the family, turn of the work phone and have a fondness for overly-affectionate dogs, you are welcome to wander over to my house. Anyone and everyone welcome and I can send a message with my address to anyone who desires it. This Saturday at 4pm pinparty in Lindenhurst.

#88 6 years ago

Hi Mike

Thanks for doing all the work. Going to my grandsons 8th birthday that day. Starts at 3 -4. Have fun.

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from mikehay1:

Time for a pin party that is slightly different. On this go around, it will be this Saturday at 4pm instead of a weeknight. If you are able to find free time from the family, turn of the work phone and have a fondness for overly-affectionate dogs, you are welcome to wander over to my house. Anyone and everyone welcome and I can send a message with my address to anyone who desires it. This Saturday at 4pm pinparty in Lindenhurst.

Sounds like fun I think I can make it.

#90 6 years ago

Hey Im Jeff, brand new to pinball and a super novice but wanted to introduce myself as Im in the nw burbs as well. Dont own a machine (would love to someday), but I do play the hell out of Pinball Arcade on PS4, so learning some tables/rules when I can.

So is Level 257 the only nw burbs league option at the moment, or are there others? Does anyone have an info on the details of Level 257? Did a quick google search but it seemed to only turn up past events, nothing for 2018, at least that I could find....

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from blkhwks19:

Does anyone have an info on the details of Level 257?

Facebook group is the best way to keep tabs on it: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1007432675965673/

Monthly standings here: http://neverdrains.com/level257/playerIndex.php

#92 6 years ago
    Quoted from blkhwks19:

Hey Im Jeff, brand new to pinball and a super novice but wanted to introduce myself as Im in the nw burbs as well. Dont own a machine (would love to someday), but I do play the hell out of Pinball Arcade on PS4, so learning some tables/rules when I can.
    So is Level 257 the only nw burbs league option at the moment, or are there others? Does anyone have an info on the details of Level 257? Did a quick google search but it seemed to only turn up past events, nothing for 2018, at least that I could find....

There may be a new barricade opening in Niles IL (same owner as the kiddie place there) in a few months but I don't have a lot of info on that.

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-nw-suburb-pinball-league/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.