Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IFPA_Tournament_(resized).jpg

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

I'm testing the waters to see if anyone would be interesting in joining a pinball league in the NW burbs. This would mostly be a beer league, something that is for fun and bragging rights. No entry fees and I'll oversee the details, all you have to do is show up and play. There is an emporium in Lincolnshire and I have yet to approach them about the prospect as I would like to have some numbers of how many people we could bring in. The place has beer and pizza and this would likely be a once a week event. I'm looking for 3-4 teams of 3 or 4 people each (depending on the level of interest).

Lets get out and play some pinball!

#3 8 years ago

I'm down as long as it isn't Tuesday night and as long as long as I never have to play their crappy TAF again.

LET'S DO THIS.

#4 8 years ago

No all glitchy machines and machine that are not properly serviced will be omitted from league play. The Adams Family and Gorgar are the only two that come to mind.

#5 8 years ago

I'd imagine the venue will have some input on time and day, but my vote on time and day is 8PM on any weeknight that isn't Tuesday, or earlier in the day Sat. or Sun.

My thoughts on format would be a shorter season (6 weeks inclusive of a tournament week) just to make it a reasonable commitment, test things out, make sure it doesn't get repetitive, etc.

#6 8 years ago

I'd be in, assuming it doesn't conflict with my other league.

#7 8 years ago

Of course, I'm going to talk to the manager and see how he feels about it, I'm in there a lot during the week. I'm thinking a weekday at a time that works for everyone somewhere around 7-8pm. Once we have a group of people we can all agree on a day that works best for everybody.

#8 8 years ago

I was thinking of doing 4th Tuesday for IFPA there.

#9 8 years ago

Very cool, I'm sure there's room for all. I was looking to set up something a little less formal. Keep a focus on competitive play, but really I'm looking for people who want to meet pin people, play team pinball, and drink some beer.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from Vic88:

Very cool, I'm sure there's room for all. I was looking to set up something a little less formal. Keep a focus on competitive play, but really I'm looking for people who want to meet pin people, play team pinball, and drink some beer.

Tuesdays may not work due to other in area stuff on that day. also the 2th Wednesday also has an monthly tournaments in nearby area.

I can try to work in doing this as well.

#11 8 years ago

I have a great relationship with the manager there. We might be able to do Thursday's. But tell all your friends to get on this thread, from there I can create a Facebook group or an email thread!

#12 8 years ago

Possibly, but I suck, however I like the Allagash White over there.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from indybru:

Possibly, but I suck, however I like the Allagash White over there.

Sucking and beer are the whole point.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from anthony691:

Sucking and beer are the whole point.

Woah woah woah, Sucking, beer, AND pizza is the whole point.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

How is their pizza there?

Go in with very low expectations (expectations commensurate with the fact that this is arcade bar pizza) and be pleasantly surprised the pizza slightly surpasses them.

#17 8 years ago

This is Chicagoland you don't want to mess up pizza.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from Vic88:

Of course, I'm going to talk to the manager and see how he feels about it,

I had gotten a call from the manager, not sure how he got my number, he was looking for 'hosting opportunities', so I suspect they would be open to it.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

I had gotten a call from the manager, not sure how he got my number, he was looking for 'hosting opportunities', so I suspect they would be open to it.

You in then, Rosh?

Vic and I are both BG natives

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from anthony691:

You in then, Rosh?

I don't think I can commit to something on a regular/weekly basis. I already get enough grief about monthly CPM and the occasional other events that pop up with regular frequency. If it ends up as more of a weekly meet up with a one night tournament of some form, then I could probably make it on occasion. If it ends up being a true league, I could possibly be a fill-in as needed.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

I don't think I can commit to something on a regular/weekly basis. I already get enough grief about monthly CPM and the occasional other events that pop up with regular frequency. If it ends up as more of a weekly meet up with a one night tournament of some form, then I could probably make it on occasion. If it ends up being a true league, I could possibly be a fill-in as needed.

This may be a great model to start with. Ill talk to Rodger (the manager) this weekend. Maybe we can hang signs or something the that effect and start a meet up. If we get enough people maybe we can develop a league out of that.

1 week later
    #22 8 years ago

Any traction on this? Based on how few people responded to this thread, I'm guessing there just aren't a lot of people interested.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Any traction on this? Based on how few people responded to this thread, I'm guessing there just aren't a lot of people interested.

It seems the manager wasn't terribly enthusiastic about it.

I think Joe will be setting up monthlies, though.

#24 8 years ago

I'm interested, let me know the details.

#25 8 years ago

Hope to have good turn out next week there.

#26 8 years ago

Get it Joe!

#27 8 years ago

Let me know date and time, I would like to make it, also I could invite my neighbor, he has 5 pins.

#28 8 years ago

4th Tue day of the mouth target start time 7-7:30

The manager there likes the idea.

4 months later
    #29 7 years ago

When is the next tournament at the Lincolnshire Emporium? The IFPA website shows it on the 28th, but the Emporium website and the flyer indicate that it is tomorrow ...

http://emporiumchicago.com/event/pinball-league-june/

Since it is supposed to be on the 4th Tuesday of each month, I assume it's the 28th, not tomorrow. All the other dates on the flyer appear to be correct ...

IFPA_Tournament_(resized).jpgIFPA_Tournament_(resized).jpg

#30 7 years ago

Seems likely they messed up the date it's the 4th Tuesday. Can't be the 3rd as that is taken.

Wow a lot of people are making week errors this month

1 week later
    #31 7 years ago

Monthly tonight

3 weeks later
    #32 7 years ago

Monthly this Tuesday.

1 year later
    #34 6 years ago

What has been happening whit this? Is it still ongoing?

#35 6 years ago

Yeah I'd be interested depending where, it looks like Emporium is no longer in Lincolnshire?
    Would be nice if some more northern burbs people had some get togethers etc.

#36 6 years ago

Level 257 in Schaumburg has a league, meets first Tuesday of the month.
    I’m hosting a one-off tournament there this Sunday Oct 1 as well.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1007432675965673

https://www.facebook.com/events/290180894792332

#37 6 years ago

I am willing to toss my hat in the ring if people want to try again to get a group going. I am a bit east, being in the Gurnee area but I do have 7 working machines, so that is a start.

#38 6 years ago

I'd be game to host once a month or so. I miss the league at Emporium.

#39 6 years ago

I would be interested.

#40 6 years ago

Can this be an online league? Ill send a proxy to play for me and he/she will wear google glasses and ill tell them where to shoot. Only way I can join a league. LOL.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I'd be game to host once a month or so.

Open to a league like CPM was and CPA is, in the NW burbs (monthly events hosted by a league member). We should have enough guys in the area (16 to 24), so we can keep it local vs driving all around Chicago. Need enough guys with decent size collections who can host events. I've got a dozen machines, so happy to be a host. Right now I am a little focused on getting Houdini ready for expo, so, not much time to think/talk about this. But if someone wants to start to put together a list of interested folks in the NW burbs, that would be the first step. Once we have a list Gweempose or I or someone else can host a first get together where we can talk through and establish some rules, schedule (frequency, day of week, etc.) , etc.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

Open to a league like CPM was and CPA is, in the NW burbs (monthly events hosted by a league member). We should have enough guys in the area (16 to 24), so we can keep it local vs driving all around Chicago.

Yeah, it would be really nice getting together some hosts in close proximity. I love playing in the CPA league, but it's a lot of driving. The closest league night for me this year was a 45 minute drive.

#43 6 years ago

I might be interested as well, just so busy with work right now to fully focus.

I love CPA and don't plan to leave it. Joining one bit closer would be interesting. It's all about meeting people who enjoy the hobby.

#44 6 years ago

I am also interested in joining a new league.

#45 6 years ago

I'd be interested as well. I have 12-13 machines. It would be nice to get to know some other pinheads in the area for sure.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Can this be an online league? Ill send a proxy to play for me and he/she will wear google glasses and ill tell them where to shoot. Only way I can join a league. LOL.

LAG will hurt that idea. and the link my drop out at the worst time.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I'd be game to host once a month or so. I miss the league at Emporium.

I really miss that place it was nice and it did not have the traffic or the hunting for parking that the places in Chicago have and it was only about an 10-15 min drive (local roads) from my home. I think the rent was to high. It was fun running it in a lower key not Super Serious way.

I also missed the Mount Prospect, IL place (nice job F*** landlord)

as for this idea don't do 1st and 3st Tuesdays they are taken.

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

for this idea don't do 1st and 3st Tuesdays they are taken.

CPM we did Saturday nights. it allowed for more game play, socializing and drinking, for those who wanted to, both before and after play.

#49 6 years ago

I'm a bit further west than most of you guys, but may as well toss my hat into the ring as a potential host / member.

I mean, assuming we blacklist that out_of_order guy. He's too good!

#50 6 years ago

Dave is one of the best!

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-nw-suburb-pinball-league and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.