Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Jukebox-Work-02 (resized).jpg
0Jukebox-Work-01 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hi everyone, if anyone can help I would appreciate it. I'm restoring a Chicago Jukebox pinball, Clean the hell out of it. My issue is, when I press 1 credit, it wants to play a ball on every player and the last ball it stays on the 4 player. The player unit coil keeps advancing to the next player after each ball drains. If anyone has come across this issue and knowing where to direct me, to the area or switch that is giving me this problem would be greatly appreciated. This is only my second Chicago game, I find them more difficult than Gottlieb or Williams. Thanks in advance

#2 7 years ago

Hi sparky353
great - ipdb has manual and schematics: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1324
The stuff happening is similar to a Williams 4-Player-Pin. I show a fully running "Jukebox" in a ONE-Player-Game.

The player looses a ball - bonus is counted down - the Outhole-Relay pulls-in and makes the Score-Motor run. Through 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 the (7) Ball Count Unit STEP-UP Coil fires. Its plunger travelling closes (end of stroke) the 8 --- so 9 pulls-in (and establishes Self-Hold-Current through 10, 11 - STAYS pulling for a while). The turning Score-Motor moves 12 - the 13 is moved (pulling 9) so 14 fires (not really needed in a ONE-Player-Game - BUT it happens).
Then trough 1, 2, 3, -15- another shot of electricity is fired --- it does NOT reach 17 because 16 is open (as 9 still is pulling).

You should check the 4, 5, 6, 7 --- maybe just the (6) fuse has blown (?) - take it OUT and check for continuity. Maybe we have to use a Jumper-Wire to check "does the (7) Coil fire when we make connection with a Jumper-Wire ?". Greetings Rolf

0Jukebox-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Jukebox-Work-01 (resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

Thanks rolf_martin_062 for your reply. It was the black and white stripped wire on the motor, A contact #4 if I remember correct. When it was in the rest position it rang out fine but when it was closed spinning around the motor, it lost contact for some reason. Just had to make the contacts that much tighter. New issue now, when I hit the A&B target to light extra on the left drain side, the extra light comes on but when I lose the ball, it gives me points (1K) but same player shoot again doesn't light on playfield and I don't get extra ball, just continues to the next ball. If I hit the A the roll over button for Special lights up, before I do that, that buttons gives me 1K points. When that button is lite, I roll over it, Special lights on the right side, but when I drain it down that side, no points ever, lite or not and it gives me 3 or more credits. When I change Special to add a ball instead of credit, when I drain it down Special when lite, still no points, "same player shoots again", lights up on the playfield but doesn't give extra ball, continues to the next ball. The game is set for free play, does it matter if the E.O.S. contacts on the credit wheel are open or closed Yellow/Red wire? Thanks

#4 7 years ago

Hi sparky353
great - You found and could fix the fault.

The "Extraball-Relay-Problem" --- does the Extraball-Relay stays pulling when You manually activate it (pushing the armature / anchor plate) - see "encircled blue, Self-Hold-Circuitry".
"Encircled green" is the activation - the playfield-switch must be good -the connecting wire (and maybe a Jones-Plug in the wiring) must be good, the EXTRA-Relay must be pulling and its switch must be good.

"Encircled brown" - the EXTRA-Relay does pull when "B-Relay" and "A-Relay" are pulling (do they ?) - and the "Switch on Outhole-Relay" is closed.

"Special-Relay-Problem": "Encircled red" is the "Self-Hold-Circuitry" - does it stay pulling when You manually activate the relay ?) "Encircled yellow" is the activating - all good ? Greetings Rolf

0Jukebox-Work-02 (resized).jpg0Jukebox-Work-02 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-jukebox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.