Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Hugo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hugo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 9 years ago

I just got back in after much fun in Chicago. I was a member of the team that put on the Brawl.
    Thanks for all the comments. They are appreciated ! We wanted to try something new for several reasons but mainly because of some time issues. Both Mike and folks that have played in the past expressed the desire for a shorter format.

With a shorter fotmat in mind we went though great pains timing many of the games and set the target accordingly. For the most part, we hit it correct !

There were some holes that played easy and some harder. One of the concerns with objectives is that about 1/4 of the folks are fairly new to pinball and have a hard time figuring them out. We had to define what it meant to drop a target on Harlem (bonus) because some were confused when asked. I helped some folks figure out what it meant to destroy a country in AFM

Being an EM guy and having so many nice games we were really hoping that thy would work better Turns out that cycling though the players and having five balls per player really extended the game. I actually played a few that took 4 min for me to make an easy target score for one player ! We tried this on many of the EM's there. I was personally sad we could not use more. DMD's can have the same issues but we were very selective.

There was much debate over cary over scores. There are pros and cons to both ways and we will be tweaking that for sure.

Thanks to all that played and to all for the patience with the new format and the bumps that we experienced. Looking forward to next year already !

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hugo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-expo-brawl-needs-work?tu=hugo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.