Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Hugo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I did enjoy the pingolf format they had for expobrawl this year. The idea was overall fun, but was majorly flawed in a very important aspect.

Next year, you should not carry over the points from qualifiers into finals. If you do the math, it's not possible for the bottom 4 teams to make up enough points to improve their standings. It's basically pointless to have finals and should just move the top 4 to the next level. The only people that would have a chance to improve would be the 5th place qualifiers might have a slim chance to trade with 4th place.

Reason it doesn't work, is because you only have a shift of 1 to 4 possible strokes. Over a span of only 6 games. With a majority of those games, set with such easy objectives, they were pretty much guaranteed a 1 or a 2. So if someone is in 6th or 7th place and 6 points behind going into finals. Even if they score 1's across the board in 7th or 8th place. they would not improve enough to make up the 6 points, plus enough point to pull ahead beyond that. Just not enough variables to make it happen. If you had 8 or 9 games. with max stroke limit 6 or 7. Maybe you could make up enough points. But again, you would have to have the objectives be set high enough, that there is a big variable that could happen.

Overall I liked the idea. But 72% of the objectives were way to easy, which really limited the diversity in scores. I know you did a lot of it for time issues and to keep things moving fast. Which I understand, but there has to be some tweeking and more time spent on planning objectives.

Carry over for finals on points has to be eliminated as well. If you qualify, you should be able to start fresh, and then take top 4 from that first round, top 2, and so on.

Other than that, I think it went fairly smooth, didn't crowd up to bad and overall was fun to play.

#3 9 years ago

yes, that would be great too. But I think we need more stroke options too. 1 to 4 just isn't enough diversity. Allows to many ties.

#6 9 years ago

more cumulative rounds wouldn't make any sense if each round was an elimination round like this was.

#8 9 years ago

Well, picture the PGA would then do finals, keep the points where they are at. Only play 6 more holes, and the highest you stroke out would be a 4 on those 6 holes.

#12 9 years ago

I agree it was fun. With some tweeking, it could be a really awesome event and something I could really look forward to every year, like pinburgh does for me now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-expo-brawl-needs-work?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.