Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 757 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Jared
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG2703.jpg
    IMAG2203.jpg
    IMAG2202.jpg
    image-212.jpg
    banana-ref2.jpg
    hangover-5.jpg
    hangover-4.jpg
    hangover-6.jpg
    hungover-1.jpg
    hungover-3.jpg
    hungover-2.jpeg
    2014-10-18-12-35-31.png
    image-180.jpg
    jared-stache.jpg
    32646439.jpg
    mustache-1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hey All!

I got all my arrangements taken care of to fly up to the Chicago Pinball Expo next week! Epic! I will be bringing much heavier duty equipment with me this year including HD webcam, broadcast station and YETI pro audio mic. My goal is to live video document the best and most important talks/time slots of the event. I am not sure if the official schedule has been announced yet, but if you have a specific presentation that you want to make sure I do not miss: post about it here.

Here is what I plan to live broadcast.

THURSDAY:
    1pm - Pinside Meet and Greet
    2pm - JPOP
    3pm - Roger Sharpe & Steve Epstein
    5pm - Color DMD
    7:30pm - Dutch Pinball
    8:30pm - Python
    9:30pm - Jersey Jack

FRIDAY:
    11:15am - Pinball Marketing
    1pm - Planetary Pinball
    2pm - Pat Lawlor
    5pm - Pinside
    6pm - Heighway
    7pm - Gary Stern
    9:30pm - LTG Show

SATURDAY:
    11am - Timeshock

CHANNEL LINK - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

PPS Please
    Edit: ah, I see you plan on broadcasting the PPS seminar. Much thanks.
    Are we going to be able to watch these after the fact or live only?

You can watch it live as it happens or after the fact. All of what I did in 2013 is still up on my video page. I might even upgrade my account to pro if enough of you are interested in me covering it.

This is the only way for you all who can't make it to "know when we know" kinda deal.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Why not all of the seminars?

Because I'm not interested in attending all of the seminars. I'm a dude flying up from Dallas on my own alone to play pinball and hang out with folks. If I'm in a seminar anyways, I'll live stream it. But I don't an on attending them all, unless there is a special request.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Thank you for doing this. I had to cancel my plans to attend expo, and definitely appreciate having the opportunity to watch some of the seminars afterwards.
    I'd love if you'd also film some of the most talked about new pins being played, e.g. MMR, TWD, TBL etc

I can do that.

#28 9 years ago

Cool! I arrive at 8am on Thursday.

#31 9 years ago

I rented some camera equipment today to help take it to the next level. Broadcasts start in the morning! Stay tuned!

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Where's the "Just bought a new vaporizer for Expo!" podcast ?

CAM00364.jpg 113 KB

No shame! lol...

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

Baku will they be listed to the right like whats on there now? These were past videos you did? I too wont be able to stream live until meetings over

It's will be far more organized.

I will post here when I am about to "go live" and then you can click the link and watch live. After the fact you can go back and watch the whole clip at your leisure.

Last year I used my phone, so as I got a phone call it interrupted the stream. Annoying. This year I have external equipment seperate from my phone.

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from MnHotRod:

Thanks for doing this again Jared. Enjoyed hanging out at Expo from my iMac at home. Still remember Lloyd announcing the winner for WOZ at the LTG show.
    SPECIAL REQUEST: Please get some video of Scott at Riot Pinball with Wrath of Olympus!

Special request granted buddy. I'll make it happen.

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Get the pinside one please. I hate that I could not make this show. Next year. Thanks again Jared.

Dang you made my birthday party but not the expo? I feel kinda special dude! lol

#51 9 years ago

Just switched to a pro account for a 30 day trial. After that its $99 a month, but I dont think I will need it much after this event. Now there will be some cool new feature for me and also a little pinside logo and some other goodness.

#52 9 years ago

Here is the official link. Remember, you can subscribe to it a variety of ways to be notified when I begin live filming.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

#53 9 years ago

Plane is taking off now! I'll be in the hotel lobby by around 9am! If you see me say hey!

image-917.jpgimage-917.jpg

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

You look a little startled, try to relax.

Someone took the photo when my pants were down.

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Please do not film regular people without them knowing. It is lame to have a conversation with someone in the vendor hall and then turn around to realize you were being video taped the whole time.
    Cool that you are doing this for those at home but please be respectful of those that do not want to have their conversations recorded and brocast. Basically, just ask before you record random conversations.
    "damn kids and their damn iphones" >> old man shakes fist at cloud.

I'll try my best...

Easier to just not record anything in those situations.

I will likely do a quick live video walk though of the halls.

#65 9 years ago

BTW here is a cool feature I will facilitate.

During and Q&A session at the end of a scheduled talk I will ask questions on your behalf. I will address the person on stage as "we got a question from xx" and ask your question so you can get a live video response!

Just open the live chat function while watching any of my broadcasts.

#76 9 years ago

I am here!

Setup is still underway in both the vendor room and the play room. To be noted there are 2 BBB's, a Varkon and some other rare titles. 8 TWD are setup in Stern/Marco booth, word is that there will NOT be a LE here at the show, it will only be visible on the Stern tour which is happening as I type this just as Star Trek was in 2013. None of the stern games have the newly announced modifications. Word is also that tonight at 8:30pm the Circus Maximus talk will have a unprecedented surprise.

Here is what I have seen so far. Live broadcast begins at 1pm with the Pinside meet and greet!

DSC_4987.jpgDSC_4987.jpg

DSC_4988.jpgDSC_4988.jpgDSC_4989.jpgDSC_4989.jpgDSC_4990.jpgDSC_4990.jpgDSC_4991.jpgDSC_4991.jpgDSC_4992.jpgDSC_4992.jpgDSC_4993.jpgDSC_4993.jpgDSC_4994.jpgDSC_4994.jpgDSC_4995.jpgDSC_4995.jpgDSC_4996.jpgDSC_4996.jpgDSC_4997.jpgDSC_4997.jpgDSC_4998.jpgDSC_4998.jpgDSC_4999.jpgDSC_4999.jpgDSC_5000.jpgDSC_5000.jpgDSC_5001.jpgDSC_5001.jpgDSC_5002.jpgDSC_5002.jpgDSC_5003.jpgDSC_5003.jpgDSC_5004.jpgDSC_5004.jpgDSC_5005.jpgDSC_5005.jpgDSC_5006.jpgDSC_5006.jpgDSC_5007.jpgDSC_5007.jpgDSC_5008.jpgDSC_5008.jpgDSC_5009.jpgDSC_5009.jpgDSC_5010.jpgDSC_5010.jpgDSC_5011.jpgDSC_5011.jpgDSC_5012.jpgDSC_5012.jpgDSC_5013.jpgDSC_5013.jpgDSC_5014.jpgDSC_5014.jpgDSC_5015.jpgDSC_5015.jpgDSC_5016.jpgDSC_5016.jpgDSC_5017.jpgDSC_5017.jpgDSC_5018.jpgDSC_5018.jpgDSC_5019.jpgDSC_5019.jpgDSC_5020.jpgDSC_5020.jpgDSC_5021.jpgDSC_5021.jpgDSC_5022.jpgDSC_5022.jpg

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

Any chance of getting a few words w/ Kevin from Skit-B regarding the latest?

If he shows up, yes of course. I am not sure if he is coming or not and his machine is not yet in the vendor area.

#129 9 years ago

Sorry for the delays. I went out for lunch with the lead singer of the barenaked ladies and cointaker and we got held up, I didn't get back here until 2:15pm, and when I got in here every seat and table was taken and I was not able to go live, not even with my phone which had already died...

I have now claimed a seat on the 2nd row of tables, I will move up to the first row as soon as I can.

I am sorry I was not able to start at 1pm as planned.

As for JPOP it was 2 beautiful cabinets... and nothing elses... and him talking about quality and detail and how hard it is to make a machine for an hour.

Enjoy the feed.

#130 9 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Only a hour and 20 minutes late

I will gladly refund the price you paid to fly me here to do this for you.

#137 9 years ago

Removing the word Epic from the thread title would suffice

Actually it was Robin himself who named it epic when he put my face on the front page of pinside. So I just rolled with it. That was not the original title of this thread.

#138 9 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Somebody should let you sit in the front row. Providing a valuable service to all of us who can't be there Thanks for your updates!

I hope they will. Hardly anyone else in the front row is filming or anything, then again they also have no idea what I am doing here I would imagine.

#142 9 years ago

Alright....Obviously since I am a Huge JPOP fan...CV my first pin purchase...I am deflated not being able to see his hour.....raving over
    My apologies Jared...thanks for providing what you can at EXPO

I wish there was more to show you. I promise you, it was just 2 beautiful empty RAZA cabinets with no backglass. I think he will make something awesome... eventually.

#144 9 years ago

Ok, so my 1st problem here is that my laptop needs power, and I am no-where near a plug and do not have an extension cord... 2nd problem is I need to be in the 2nd row so you guys can see. Working on it...

#147 9 years ago

OK guys computer is already to 9%. I have got Robin and his brother in the vendor hall looking for a big extension cord for me since the security guard wont let me in to do it myself. Thanks Robin! If we go dark: thats why. Looking for power.

#148 9 years ago
    Quoted from Marten:

Jared, the one with the cap in front of you looks like a nice guy. Ask him if he wants to trade places.
    He can watch the stream later if he misses anything.

Working on it. These several people ahead of me are just watching... they are oblivious that I am streaming. The best time to talk is in between seminars.

#151 9 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Jared maybe they will allow you to setup your camera on the table where the projector is? Just a thought!

Perhaps. We shall see.

Robin just got me a power cord and saved the day! Yay!

If any of you guys have a question for Roger or Steve... ask.. I will ask for you.

#158 9 years ago

I break up the videos into the individual segments. Next up is COLOR DMD. All videos can be watched live as they are filmed OR after they are done. I am naming each video its presentation name.

If you want me to ask the presented a question for you, post it in chat or here as a comment.

ABOUT TO GO LIVE: COLOR DMD!! http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

( I do not have the ability to zoom)

#162 9 years ago

STERN LORD OF THE RINGS CONFIRMED AS NEXT COLOR DMD TITLE!!!

#165 9 years ago

Judge Dredd is for now... a running joke with color DMD. lol.

Excited for LOTR. Apparently they have 2 of them here and we can play them starting at 6pm!!

#170 9 years ago

I would love to take the mobile cam into the vendor room now that it is opened, but I expect a FULL HOUSE for TBL at 7:30pm and I am terrified that if I move I will lose my seat! LOL I am thirsty!

#176 9 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

When is the Pinsound seminar? Tomorrow?

Its now. I had not scheduled myself to cover it as I need a break before a long night with TBL, Python and Hobbit but since I do not want to lose my spot I will leave my stuff here. The hotel internet SUCKS so I am using plan-b which is LTE tethering from my cell phone... lets hope my bill is not $400! lol...

The 3 previous seminars are now saved and online for viewing, currently Pinball Sound is going. This is a long on until 7:30pm. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

#181 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

We need video footage of this.

I will walk around the vendor room tonight after Jersey Jack.

#182 9 years ago

ALL: One of the most widely anticipated seminars of the entire expo begins in 15 minutes at 7:30pm DUTCH PINBALL!!!! Tune in! http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

#184 9 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

thats some crazy original TZ music

I agree. Learning a lot about music tonight. lol

#188 9 years ago
    Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Why do I hear WOZ music playing?

You cant see the screen, but they have been doing the entire history of pinball music from 1933 to today. WOZ is the last example.

#193 9 years ago

Holy shit Dutch Pinball is dropping f-bombs and challenging stern... shittttttt

#201 9 years ago

The guy next to me is drunk as a skunk.

#205 9 years ago
    Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Oh, lol ... I was thinking he must be!!! He won't shut up.

I think he is drunk and high... lol.. oh man. Smells like a cat after a rain storm.

#207 9 years ago

If yall want me to ask them a question: let me know. I will ask. But be warned I will say your screen name..

#211 9 years ago

Man "So where is your factory located?"

Dude on stage: "Um, its called Dutch Pinball, you figure it out"

lol

#212 9 years ago

Thats super high pitched sound you hear is coming from the speakers on the TBL prototype.

#215 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey, Jared...I just want to say what a surreal experience it is sitting here, watching this video, hearing you typing, and seeing your post pop up. Next best thing to being there, and I want to thank you...you've brightened my day. I was so bummed I had to miss it! Keep up the good work (and hit the JJP fireside chat next!).

Thanks man, means a lot. Between the haters complaining about video quality (costs a ton of money to upgrade to HD rights) or the camera shaking and other things, its a little discouraging. Getting good feedback from guys like you means a lot to me, thank you.

#217 9 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

Hey Jared...can you ask them what their next title will be?

I doubt they would answer that. Let me see if I can phrase it in a different way for you.

#239 9 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Question: Are the warranties on these machines transferrable if you sell the machine to another party?

There ya go man. lol

#262 9 years ago

That was truly something to see. The next seminar cannot even begin because everyone is milling around so excited about TBL... up next is Pythons Pinball Circus - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

#279 9 years ago

Love the guys over there at JJP. Great people. They are up at 9:30. Should be another huge one.

#284 9 years ago

I am eager for 10:30 when I can start pounding drinks and playing people for dollars. lol. My favorite.

This is a lot of fun to be at the center of "new news" in the pinball universe.

#287 9 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Jared is anyone in the room awake?

Yeah I think so. Very quiet crowd in here for this one. Obviously TBL/DP was going to have the loudest. The guy next to me was absolutely hammered for that one.. lol.

EXPO is mostly an older crowd (and so is pinball). I am 30 and I am obviously a baby here... this is a hobby dominated by 35-60 year old men.

#292 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wait...Jared...are you the guy that's planning to put machines outside for Halloween?
    NOOOOOOOOO!!! DON'T DO IT!!!!
    I feel so close to you now. Would hate to lose you to a nasty little bug in Texas...

LOL off topic but I will have my "garage open" for Halloween. No worries. If I die, I die. I am not worried about it. Lets have fun and play some pinball.

#295 9 years ago
    Quoted from fluffybunny:

I got a feeling this reveal is going to go late and JJP will start late. Good they are the last seminar of the night, they got short changed on time at TPF this year too.

To be fair DP took 15 minutes more than allotted. To be double fair, that was because people were so excited about TBD. Its all good. We are having a blast.

#298 9 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Jared is there anyone on the side of the stage with a hook yet?

Awww be nice. Python was super cool and a part of pinball history. A lot of EXPO is just being social and talking about history.

#305 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

We get it...we just don't want the fire to go out at Jack's fireside chat before you even get over there...

Room is starting to fill up again for JJP!

#318 9 years ago

Lost power on the modem, dropped signal, got it fixed...

#320 9 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

So I can continue to afford this hobby I need to cut cost. So I will not be attending any future Pinball events. HOWEVER I think if we can get enough backers we all pitch in and buy Jared a plane ticket and hotel room and just have him go to all the events and live stream them!!!! WHO's IN??? Jared quit your day job!

LOL at Day Job. I retired 3 years ago.

#324 9 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Sweet you can afford to travel on your own then!!!

Haha... I just stopped working for the man. I am self employed, but I call myself retired because I am out of the rat race and I do my passion for a living.

#326 9 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

So who next on the feed? JJP?

Next up... and last. Thank goodness. I need some dinner and some pinball time. Have not played a single game yet today.

#330 9 years ago

Room is nearly standing room only in anticipation for JJP!!!!

#375 9 years ago
    Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Jared!!!! Jack was just addressing you and you didn't say anything!! lol.

My headphones were on and there is a 15 second delay! lol by the time i heard 15 seconds had passed... i monitor the audio levels.

#377 9 years ago

No zoom guys, sorry. HD is $100/month and I am not sure I can use a camera with zoom. All the same, this is what I have at the moment. Its 500x better than my iPhone last year.

#444 9 years ago

Sorry guys lost power... this is crazy in here. My phone LTE is powering this broadcast.

#453 9 years ago
    Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Q: (for Jack) What is the trade-in program for ECLE WOZ'S to get the Hobbit LE instead??

Asked.

#455 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

Jared should have had a 'helper' and an extension line to the camera . . . that way, he could have gone right up to the pin and shot the PF . . . some good close-ups. I used to produce TV shows and I got REAL nervous not being able to see anything!!!

Wish I was that advanced. I am alone with basic equipment just trying to help out an event that has never been broadcast like this.

#458 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Jared, now is your chance, go over to the game and get some good video!!!!

The cord wont reach and its tethered to the laptop which is also tethered to a very large microphone. I am stuck at the table... unless I stop an switch to mobile version.

#484 9 years ago

Just stood up and did a very hectic maneuver to get you guys a super close shot.

#493 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Just stood up and did a very hectic maneuver to get you guys a super close shot.

Bah, I think I could drastically improve the setup with a $300 camera from best-buy that can zoom + some more power cables. Might hit up the store in the morning. Have used 6.5gigs so far today.

#496 9 years ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

A video of the animated Smaug would be the ultimate icing on the cake...

Ok, I will get that in a moment, Stick around, I will make them do it for you guys.

#505 9 years ago

HERE WE GO! Live animation demo.

#526 9 years ago

IM GETTING A DAMN DRINK AND PLAYING SOME PINBALL!!!! LOL!!!! Enjoy guys!

#560 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Still have EPIC burrito...
    Needs a home JARED!

I need it. I am so hungry. I am going to die. I passed out last night.

#564 9 years ago
    Quoted from marcand:

Thank you for these posts/streams.
    Next year, you need an all-access pass so you can get preferential seating at these events. Why not a stage pass so you can get right up to the pin! If Robin can get you as the official "Pinside Streamcaster" you would be in!
    Why not "indie-go-go" this yearly service for us? I'd throw you $5 to help compensate your expenses and I am sure others would too!
    (insert your PayPal ID here)
    Thanks again!

That might be cool. I look to my left and I see that several of these guys have GOLDEN wrist bands... I think that is all access. I would imagine those come from BERK. Last night JJP incorporated me a lot into his seminar and all of the sudden the people in here realized what I was doing. Since then people have been a lot more accommodating for me. Might not be too late for me to get a wrist band.

Right now I am front row center.

What I would really like is a camera with zoom and HD broadcasting access. Thats $99 a month.

#570 9 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Pat Lawlor 2:00
    You know.....If you get a moment.

But I wanted to go to pinball life.

#572 9 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

OMG you have to cover Pat!!! Please!!!

But if I stay here for that I will miss my big opportunity to go to pinball life and play pinball, drink, see cool stuff, meet other people and buy some of those LED pop bumper caps for my TAXI.

#576 9 years ago

Ill be back by 5pm for pinside.

#578 9 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

OMG you have to cover Pat!!! Please!!!

Im sorry man. Please forgive me.

#583 9 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

If anyone else at expo goes please post back here what Pat has to say. Especialy the pictures and name of his new game...

I left my equipment.

If someone can connect the laptop to WIFI they can start the stream. I just won't be here to do it myself. You have to supply your own wifi. My stuff is on the front table in the center. Left it so I don't lose my spot.

#588 9 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

Their right. You earned it but I reserve the right to be sad.

Merry Christmas.

#598 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

What a minute
    You going to only be there for 45min before you have to leave it's Friday 430 traffic

Yeah.

I realized that, gave the keys to my rental to someone who does not care to be here at 5pm for pinside, and came back in here and had a seat. Maybe next year.

#600 9 years ago
    Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Can we still ask questions?

Yes of course. Just ask and if I can I will ask him for you.

#601 9 years ago

Have any questions? Ask now so I can ask him.

#616 9 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

Well that was dissapointing. I liked hearing about how he did Bonzai Run but didn't need that much of it. What everyone wants to know is the new theme or a hint to it. Thanks for getting it on the air!

That happens again and again here. lol

#619 9 years ago

Tune in at 5pm for PINSIDE! We need a huge turnout for this guys!!! First time ever at EXPO!!! http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

#622 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I'll be watching. Hopefully it goes well and we can do it again next year, since I'm trying to plan to actually be at Expo next year.

You gotta be here!!!!!!

#632 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

Is anything being streamed live right now? All I get is yesterday's stuff.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/54070739

#633 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

Is anything being streamed live right now? All I get is yesterday's stuff.

56 people are watching live and its going now.

#639 9 years ago

Heighway Pinball is about to come on now!!! LIVE! They have promised a epic reveal!!! Heighway

#645 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Q: How much to buy the Alien playfield for existing Full Throttle customers?

I thought I heard $1500? Dont quote me. I think that was said.

#648 9 years ago
    Quoted from perryd:

Jared ask Gary if he is going to give TWD-LE buyers free upgrade to the Bloody armour packages like
    JJP did with the Gold Smaug package!

That could be a controversial question.

#671 9 years ago

Hey guys... lol...

Someone gave me a 5th of vodca around 1am and I remember a lot of pinball and dollars until around 4am.... I think... And now I just woke up with a terrible headache... lol

I'm sorry fellas.

#672 9 years ago

Here is how the rest of the day will go.

If you want a special interview with a vendor or supplier or coverage of a specific game: request it now. I plan to do wrath of Olympus and predator as well as TBL. Make a request. I'll be using the phone for mobile broadcast.

#676 9 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Jared should get a VIP pass to the TBL party. If I hadn't been able to see the DP presentation I probably wouldn't have committed.
    So yeah if anyone from DP sees this, Jared can have my pass

Dude that means a LOT to me. If you could arrange that, that would be really huge. Seriously.

#679 9 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

If you come across the heighway pinball guys, can you ask them if the game will include characters, quotes, and clips from the movies? Thanks for videoing this, I've been watching tons of the coverage.

I'll do that for you.

#681 9 years ago

ATTN: A live and private Q&A with Andrew Heighway will be held at 4:30pm CST! Tune in to watch live!!

#683 9 years ago

I would like to have a lot of questions for them so please load up this thread with questions for Heighway!!!

#687 9 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

Any chance Predator vs Alien is next in line?

There is no way he would announce a new title like that.

#700 9 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

I was only joking but thanks for asking my question anyway. He didn't say no so the rumor is that Predator vs Alien is their next game.

Actually watch the interview...

#703 9 years ago

Andrew have a fantastic interview.

Best parts were where he revealed that he will almost certainly be posting a playfield schematic as well as the upgrade cost for FT owners (likely $3500-$3800). He also said that a future Alien VS Predator is totally possible as a game from them, that physical aliens will be in the game and to expect a face higher and chest buster!

#706 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

The way I would read into this, before anyone gets too excited, is that he has a relationship with fox, and anything is possible. Not like he's got some deal on paper or anything.

Absolutely. And I clarified that in the video as well.

#707 9 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Agreed. I'm eager to see Alien and play Full Throttle. It played surprisingly un-widebody in the videos I saw. That's a good thing!

The feedback on full throttle here has been pretty fantastic. The game is lightning fast and super fun. It's a totally unique premise.

These are super exciting times to be in pinball.

#711 9 years ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

Jared, earlier today you said you were hoping to talk to dutch pinball guys.. have you been able to find them or is that unlikely now (unless someone can get you into VIP party tonight).

No one has reached out to me.

#712 9 years ago
    Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Planning on streaming anymore tonight?

Yes I am.

#715 9 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

I sent them a few messages thru different means but never heard back Sorry Jared. I suspect they're swamped and not so much on the inter nets

I think I could show Phil correspondence or an email and get in. Several people have been coming up to me today saying that I should be at the party tonight. I would love to show some exclusive behind the scenes access as to how DP treats their customers. Plus, I have an actual paid owner who is saying I can use their pass, so I should be good I would imagine. I just do not want to show up to the door and get turned away, I would be so embarrassed!

#718 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

man up Jared.
    the worst that can happen is they say no...

Why? Im not entitled, and I am not going to walk to the door like I deserve to be in there instead of someone else. If I am welcomed, I would LOVE to be there, but I am not going to walk up unsolicited and ask to get in.

A paid up pre-order owner just gave me his confirmation numbers and email to get in, he said had it not been for me he would have not have bought the machine. I think that will work.

#722 9 years ago

Andrew Heighway and I get PWN3D by security at 13:40 in this video... LOL!!!!

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/54161494

#724 9 years ago

I now have 3 people who have offered for me to be their guest at the party tonight so I can attend. Overwhelming. Thank you guys. I am not sure if it will work without you all being physically present, but the notion at all is so kind and part of the reason I love this hobby so much.

#728 9 years ago

EXCLUSIVE ACCESS: TBL VIP party before it begins!! Take a tour of the presidential suite!

#731 9 years ago
    Quoted from danisme:

Hey dude, when's it gonna be TBL party time?

We are partying now!!! lol

#732 9 years ago

I would turn on the webcam but it's just 60 people in a room getting smashed and playing pinball!!!

#736 9 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

Hey Jared,
    Just bought a machine too. You can be my guest also!
    Do me a favor and get some more gameplay footage of TBL

Now I am 5 people's guest. I feel loved man!

#737 9 years ago

Gameplay video coming live soon.

#749 9 years ago

A few pinsiders pay paled me some money to say thanks. I used $12 of that money to buy the best hot dog I ever had in my life at Gene and Jude's.. And the rest wil go to cover my massive data overages.image-212.jpgimage-212.jpg

I plan to come back to expo in 2015 with MULTIPLE cameras that can zoom and be able to actually switch angles mid presentation.... Also better HD quality and audio.

I would love to continue to offer this as a Pinside exclusive for the benefit of Pinside members. I enjoy it!

I have a ton of great photos to dump later, but I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone for the support, friendship and pats on the back. I really felt appreciated.

#757 9 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

J, Great stuff last week. Were you able to view/glance Skit-B, EOD, Predator or any info about Funhouse 2.0? I'm sure the event was a whirl-wind. Enjoyed your videos of the EXPO a ton. THANK YOU

I saw predator with my own eyes yes, nothing on video. New plastics looked great, new lighting system looked neat. Not a fan of the layout or "fit and finish" of the game personally (preference). No info on Funhouse 2.0 only that it is in the works and will have a DMD.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-expo-2014-live-stream-video-requests?tu=jared and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.