Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 757 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Jared
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG2703.jpg
    IMAG2203.jpg
    IMAG2202.jpg
    image-212.jpg
    banana-ref2.jpg
    hangover-5.jpg
    hangover-4.jpg
    hangover-6.jpg
    hungover-1.jpg
    hungover-3.jpg
    hungover-2.jpeg
    2014-10-18-12-35-31.png
    image-180.jpg
    jared-stache.jpg
    32646439.jpg
    mustache-1.jpg
    There are 757 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 16.
    #652 9 years ago
    Quoted from Strange:

Is Pat's game something to look forward to at the end of 2015? or is just a 2016 affair?

Jack told me they were building Hobbit AND Pat's game in 2015. He said Pat's game was pretty much done

#653 9 years ago

I'm pretty sure Gary Stern is drunk, and I'm also pretty sure I'd buy him a constant stream of drinks just to listen to his stories.

#654 9 years ago

Gary is right, Love Pinball and Beer

#655 9 years ago

Jared please ask gary this.

If gary likes the idea of starting a student group, who work and learn coding for older games.

And when something nice comes out of it, they can use that for their pins.

Great study place for students and both them, stern and costumers would benefit,

#656 9 years ago

He's the founder of Stern or whatever it is.

#657 9 years ago

Thanks Jared I'm loving the effort with your broadcasts.

#658 9 years ago

Thanks Jared, I really appreciate the broadcasts. From the sounds of it, so do a few hundred other people!

#659 9 years ago

Who was the guy who made the presentation for PPS?

#660 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

Who was the guy who made the presentation for PPS?

The speaker? I only saw a pic but it looked like it was Rick.

#661 9 years ago

Hola Jared. Have you run into the Mission Pinball guys yet? (www.missionpinball.com) They converted a Big Shot EM to SS and are developing what looks like a very interesting open source pinball platform. I've seen some great posts on their blog & the P-ROC forums.

#662 9 years ago

Great job, Jared.

Boy am I sick and tired of hearing people bashing Stern and Gary Stern. The Big Lebowski project all the sudden went from cool to uncool for me.

First of all. When Gary made the point of Stern Pinball first and foremost was a manufactoring company, I do not think he was saying that he did not care for pinball design. The fact of the matter is, that only a minute fraction of people working at Stern is related to the design of the games. And I think what he ment was, that managing the production department of the company is a challanging effort in terms of logistiscs and economy.

Second, for far the most of the Stern designs I do not think the decoration figurines are bad looking or particulary cheaply made. Who cares if the Transformers decoration, for instance, where not custom made for pinball. Besides, decoration have to be secondary to the design and the ball interacting mechs/toys.

So, behave please.

Side note. When it comes to the aestetic of the Stern tabels of yesteryears, I see a far bigger issues of the playfield print quality and that especially for plastics. Primitive bumper caps etc. And I am glad to realise that they have up'ed their method in that respect.

#663 9 years ago

So is there a broadcast of Timeshock?

#664 9 years ago

No stream??

#665 9 years ago

perhaps Jared lost it all gambling on pinball last night? One dollar at a time.

#666 9 years ago

Awww man, now I'm missing it all. Pinballnews.com is the only one covering it, basically.

#667 9 years ago

Must of been a late night at expo.

#668 9 years ago

Jared Wake Up!image-180.jpgimage-180.jpg

#669 9 years ago

This is already over? What the deuce?

2014-10-18-12-35-31.png2014-10-18-12-35-31.png
    #670 9 years ago

Jared.. Wake up!!
    Lol no pinside activity from him in 11 hours?
    Mabye he is passed out? Lol

#671 9 years ago

Hey guys... lol...

Someone gave me a 5th of vodca around 1am and I remember a lot of pinball and dollars until around 4am.... I think... And now I just woke up with a terrible headache... lol

I'm sorry fellas.

#672 9 years ago

Here is how the rest of the day will go.

If you want a special interview with a vendor or supplier or coverage of a specific game: request it now. I plan to do wrath of Olympus and predator as well as TBL. Make a request. I'll be using the phone for mobile broadcast.

#673 9 years ago

Jared should get a VIP pass to the TBL party. If I hadn't been able to see the DP presentation I probably wouldn't have committed.

So yeah if anyone from DP sees this, Jared can have my pass

#674 9 years ago

hungover-1.jpghungover-1.jpghungover-2.jpeghungover-2.jpeghungover-3.jpghungover-3.jpghangover-4.jpghangover-4.jpghangover-5.jpghangover-5.jpghangover-6.jpghangover-6.jpg

#675 9 years ago

Oh well. I hope someone can upload the seminar of Timeshock onto Youtube.

#676 9 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Jared should get a VIP pass to the TBL party. If I hadn't been able to see the DP presentation I probably wouldn't have committed.
    So yeah if anyone from DP sees this, Jared can have my pass

Dude that means a LOT to me. If you could arrange that, that would be really huge. Seriously.

#677 9 years ago

NP I sent them a couple messages. I'll let you know if I hear back!

#678 9 years ago

If you come across the heighway pinball guys, can you ask them if the game will include characters, quotes, and clips from the movies? Thanks for videoing this, I've been watching tons of the coverage.

#679 9 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

If you come across the heighway pinball guys, can you ask them if the game will include characters, quotes, and clips from the movies? Thanks for videoing this, I've been watching tons of the coverage.

I'll do that for you.

#680 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I'll do that for you.

Thanks man! I really appreciate it.

#681 9 years ago

ATTN: A live and private Q&A with Andrew Heighway will be held at 4:30pm CST! Tune in to watch live!!

#682 9 years ago

Sa-weet !!
    banana-ref2.jpgbanana-ref2.jpg

#683 9 years ago

I would like to have a lot of questions for them so please load up this thread with questions for Heighway!!!

#684 9 years ago

1. Will the rotating alien box by like Theatre of Magic?
    1.5. Will there be a ball capture in/under the alien box (like 1 side of the TOM box) ?
    2. Will there be subways, trap-doors or popup troll-like targets?
    3. How many ramps?
    4. Will the cabinet artwork be too scary to be in a house with little kids?
    5. Will there be gore (ie: predator toys and TWD) ?
    6. LCD or DMD backbox? If DMD, then multiple colors used?
    7. What's included in the LE to justify the significant price variance with the base model?
    8. Coin mechs included?
    9. What's the rotating box made of? We've had issues with TOM box needing replacement.
    10. Are there OLED, LCD, etc... image or video displays in the rotating box?
    11. Are black lights used?
    12. What physical style of lighting is on the ramps? (Tron ?, other ?)
    13. What color lights are used on the ramps?
    14. Invisiglass (or similar product) on base model or LE?
    15. More info about the topper?
    16. Sigourney Weaver included?
    17. Is robot-guy in the game? If so, does Alien pop out of him?
    18. Are there baby aliens, adult aliens and boss alien in this game? How so? (physical toy, art, images)?
    19. Are artwork from the movies being used?
    20. Are voice overs from the movies being used?
    21. Are sound FX or music from the movies being used?
    22. Are actors from the movies doing custom sound overs for the pin?
    22.5. Will we be able to change the audio in the game as we do on new Stern pins?
    23. Should I sell my Theatre of Magic and Space Invaders pins and replace them with this?
    23.5. Will HemiOrange need to mod the hell out of it after shipping?

#685 9 years ago

24. When?
    25. How much?

Post edited by Erik: lol 23.5. no sneaking in questions

#686 9 years ago

Any chance Predator vs Alien is next in line?

#687 9 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

There is no way he would announce a new title like that.

#688 9 years ago

How much is the upgrade for existing full throttle owners?

#690 9 years ago

How are you able to confidently predict April release when you so far have nothing to show for the game?

#691 9 years ago

Can you have Kevin from skit-B talk about the light upgrade option for predator and ask what's the current staff and supplies situation with the production of predator. Thanks

#692 9 years ago

Hi Jared,

Can you get some footage of the Multimorphic P3? I don't think we have had any at all from this game at Expo yet.

#693 9 years ago

Thanks Jared, great job, these idiots ought to pay you a fee for marketing their products. What a joke that is!

#694 9 years ago

Full credit to OP for this. Is there a way u can access yesterday's streams?

#695 9 years ago

Who won the $3?

#696 9 years ago

Hi Jared, can you ask about Heighway's plans for internet connectivity with their games?

#697 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

There is no way he would announce a new title like that.

I was only joking but thanks for asking my question anyway. He didn't say no so the rumor is that Predator vs Alien is their next game.

#698 9 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Full credit to OP for this. Is there a way u can access yesterday's streams?

They are available on his stream...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

Just click on the "Videos" tab.

#699 9 years ago

thanks for tracking these guys down today!

#700 9 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

I was only joking but thanks for asking my question anyway. He didn't say no so the rumor is that Predator vs Alien is their next game.

Actually watch the interview...

There are 757 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-expo-2014-live-stream-video-requests/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.