(Topic ID: 162937)

Cubs Triple Play: Display Board & Sound ?

By fabes23

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cubs03_(resized).jpg
cubs02_(resized).jpg
cubs01_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hello everyone,
I am new to the pinball world so please forgive the newbie questions....
I have just purchased a Gottlieb Chicago Cubs Triple Play Pinball Machine. In my opinion, it looks great. Playfield is clean, backglass is in good shape, and body is in good shape. When I went to look at it, the only problem with it was the left side top flipper. I purchased it, took it home and everything on the machine seemed to be working (minus the top left flipper) for about 30 minutes. I have replaced some, but not all of the fuses (ordered the rest of them today and they're on their way in the mail). I have also replaced all of the bumpers and most of the lights.

Now, when I turn it on, the only things that seem to be working are the lights. I am getting no response from the Display Board, and no sound. Both the display board and the sound were working at first, but now nothing.

I am sure there "could be" a million things that could be wrong with it and a million places to start to figure out the problem, but I figured I'd start with replacing all of the fuses. Once I get them in the mail, I'll replace them.

Anyone out there suggest I look at something else as well? thanks for your time and responses!

cubs01_(resized).jpgcubs01_(resized).jpg

cubs02_(resized).jpgcubs02_(resized).jpg

cubs03_(resized).jpgcubs03_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Check all fuses, push in all connectors on boards.

#3 7 years ago

No joke. I have the same game, and this happened to mine! My score display went on and off, and the next time I played it only the lights came on. I replaced all the fuses and plugged and unplugged all connectors. Still nothing?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-cubs-triple-play-newbie-s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.