Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Ddstoys
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

not sure if anyone can help or if this is the right subforum but i just got a chicago coin twin hockey from 1956 ,an arcade hockey game. got it working pretty good .trying to get schematics ,my question is the flourescent light on the playfield,is it supposed to stay lit all the time or only light when game is started
    mine does not light at all so i,m thinking it might be activated by a switch when the game resets to start a new game under the playfield
    does anyone have any idea which switch stack it might be ?
    i tried a new bulb ,new starter new ballast ,nothing. its got no power going to the ballast or starter?
    i am trying to get a hold of schematic
    also is it supposed to keep spitting out new balls even before the one on the playfield scores?
    thanks for all your help as usual
    jim

#2 8 years ago

Help you out here a little Jim:
    http://www.pinrepair.com/baseball/twinhoc.htm

So guys knows what it looks like. I worked on a Pro-Hockey but not this one. And yes...it spits out balls. Here's my video:

#3 8 years ago

I would guess the florescent light should stay on. Might want to check the bulb and also the "starter" on the ballast.

#4 8 years ago

i tried a new bulb and starter even the ballast no help
    cleaned the contacts too,all the wires to the starter and sockets seem to be ok ,thats why i thought maybe it gets power when game is started and a switch just isnt making contact.
    isaw another video of one and it looked like the light came on after a coin was inserted,you dont have a schematic to look at do you ?
    and thanks nice video too

#5 8 years ago

Chk if your game has a hold relay. that lite has to have 120 volts. follow the wires down to the board, and you may be able to trace them right to the switch.
    Also, chk for an in line fuse...

#6 8 years ago

ok thanks ,luckily all the switches still have the labels so i will look for one that is labelled hold switch ,right??
    it does have a fuse in line for the light , that was good too thanks

#7 8 years ago

Hold relay... it has switches on it. it locks on when the game is powered on. I just thot it may be the one that has the lite switch on it. The lite wires may be a different color than the rest, so may be easy to trace. Hmm... that relay may not have that switch on it. It may be part of the start relay, or game over relay??? guessing here, nothin to compare it to.
    you may be able to find it by lookin at the primary "120 volt side" of the transformer. since it is 120 volts, the tap may be visible there. sometimes plastic coated shiny wires are used for AC.

#8 8 years ago

Is it any fun?
    How big is it? I'm a hockey fan, I'd like to have something like that if it doesn't take up too much space.
    Kinda reminds me of the Slap Shot game, which I'd love to own one day.

#9 8 years ago

its actually alot of fun esp when more then one ball is on the "ice" .its about 5 feet long and 2 1/2 feet wide .its a simple little game with alot of action as the hockey players spin around and you move your lever back and forth to direct the rotation of the hockey players to try to hit the pucks(pinballs),even my wife ,who is not a game fan,says its fun .she even said it was cute!!
    it does have a real nice vintage look i will post some pics later if anyone is interested.

1 week later
    #10 8 years ago

still no luck finding a schematic anyone out there have one for their game and can let me know how the flourescent light is wired thats my only remaining problem thanks

#11 8 years ago

Still trying to find you one dont have it

#12 8 years ago

not sure what i did ,but in order to get the fluorescent light working i tried to wire it directly to the outlet cord on the machine ,the one that plugs in to your outlet ,the light worked .i was about to solder the wires that i had attached when i noticed one of the wires i had placed had come undone.but the light was still on .i turned the machine off and on and the light still worked ,its been almost a week and the light works now ,maybe it just needed a jump start ,anyway the game looks much better with that fluorescent light working lighting up the ice !
    now does any one know if the balls that get spit out to the play field are supposed to be deposited on opposite sides so each player alternately gets first chance to hit the ball,on mine the lever to direct the balls only operated about 2 times out of 30,is this lever operated by the ball count unit?? does it matter who scores to determine which side the ball will roll to?if its the ball unit which copper contact on the unit does this ?
    thanks again for all the help

5 years later
    #13 3 years ago

How did you go finding a schematic?? I’ve just picked myself up a project one and sure could use some direction

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coins-twin-hockey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.