(Topic ID: 105194)

Chicago Coin's Top Ten Spinner not giving points?

By mwmorgan

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mwmorgan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

My CC Top Ten Spinner is not giving points when you spin the record. Anyone ever had this issue and what is the remedy? Thanks friends, Mike

#2 9 years ago

Check the switch under the play field that the spinner is connected to. Make sure there is no lose wires and the switch is opening and closing. It also wouldn't hurt to clean the contacts of the switch. put a business card or matchbook cover between the contacts, hold the switch closed, and move the card/cover back and forth 'till it comes out clean.

#3 9 years ago

Think that one on the center spinner is an early optical switch, is it not?

#4 9 years ago

Doh, bad info on my part then, not familiar with the game, just took for granted EM style spinner.^^^

#5 9 years ago

I have a similar problem. It's definitely that optical switch under the spinner. I have no experience with it.

#6 9 years ago

My beat up Top ten is in storage awaiting restoration. I just did a quick once over to see what I was up against & was surprised to see the primal opto on that spinner. I know nothing about fixing it (yet)

#7 9 years ago

Yes, it,s optical but I have no clue on what to do with it. I will keep digging for info and pass on whatever I come up with. Thanks friends.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coins-top-ten-spinner-not-giving-points and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.