• 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TimeWarp1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_1707.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TimeWarp1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

My buddy has his Chicago Coin's Olympics over my place and I noticed some months ago the 10,000s reel for player 1 doesn't always advance to the next proper digit, sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. This "non-count" mishap can occur during ball play or when adding the bonus when the ball drains. When it comes to resetting the reel when starting a new game the reel has zero issues advancing all the way back to 0.

I understand that when EMs don't get played often switches can oxidize and not work right but even after a few games the issue remains. Not only that but all the other reels including the player 2 reels which hardly get used unless during a party, all work like a charm in comparison.

Last night I took the backbox cover off and burnished the switch to the right of the reel in the picture below:
http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=File:CCM_ScoreReel_front.jpg

I did a quick test run by rolling the ball by hand over different scoring switches and it worked great. I then decided to play a few games and every single time it came for the 10,000s reel to spin it worked great. Success! The problem now is that this morning the problem came back! Now did the switch magically oxidize in 12 hours or did I encounter a rare coincidence by burnishing that switch and having the reel work again? Thanks!

#2 9 years ago

I figured it out! Take a look for yourself and see if you can find the problem (shouldn't take more than a few seconds).
100_1707.JPG100_1707.JPG

The pads directly to the right of the two swiping fingers have some fresh solder I put down as the traces were worn and the copper was exposed. I ended up thinning/smoothing them out more as I felt they were a little too bumpy and later cleaned them up nice with a fiberglass pen. The end result was clean and fixed the main issue. It also fixed an issue where the game would constantly reset when the pads were bumpier before I smoothed them out.

As far as the repair to the further right goes someone did a pretty rough job and overtime it wore the contacts pretty bad on the sliding fingers causing extra wear on the following digit '0' traces (which I fixed above). I should note this is the 1000's reel and the '0' digit on the 1000's reel is tied to the coil on the 10,000's reel

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TimeWarp1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coins-olympics-10000s-player-1-score-reel?tu=TimeWarp1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.