• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jukeboxdiode (resized).jpg
20161209_152445 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I am refurbishing a Juke Box. I have a question about the spin, and scoring. I don't know what is supposed to happen.

The photoelectric sensor, seems to trigger one of the relays, or at least the relay hums. when the disk is open and the light hits it.
When the spin target is hit, the spinner spins, but nothing else happens. When the 1000 when lit is on, still no scoring.

Switching relays made no difference

20161209_152445 (resized).jpg20161209_152445 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

anyone?

#3 7 years ago

so, is this diode on the board just a 1n4004? manual says 5612-4004. it does test bad... which hopefully is my magic x marks the spot of why it does not score

jukeboxdiode (resized).jpgjukeboxdiode (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

Did you remove one leg from the board to take it out of circuit before testing it?

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Did you remove one leg from the board to take it out of circuit before testing it?

On that you dont need to. One leg goes to connector, which is removed and the other goes into the other diode next door

#6 7 years ago

I have a Sound Stage (2 player version) and that actually is a pretty good player..
I went through I believe 3 Sound Stages, and never had that issue, so never had to
dig deep into those concealed relays. I can say, that it can get cool in the basement,
and on the last S.S. I went through, the spinner doesn't work so well until it gets up
closer to room temp. I think I put #44 bulbs in for that sensor..
For the price of a diode, maybe wouldn't hurt to replace it..
If no luck, I'll see about cracking the S.S. open and check on any other ideas.. (T)

#7 7 years ago

I sure would love a confirmation on what the correct diode replacement will be.

#8 7 years ago

Yeah that would be a basic 1N4004.
Does the relay hum when you hit any 1000 score and not just the spinner? I was restoring a Juke Box and had many issues with it. I had to put it back in storage because of other things. However, I had a problem with the 1000's. Every time a new game was started, the first time the 1000's was enabled the relay in the backbox would stay engaged and would hum. Ultimately it turned out to be two things. The 1000's score switch(end of throw?) Can't remember what it's called. Also, because of that the "player score unit" had a burnt etch for player 1. Ultimately I had to replace the coil in the player one 1000's and bridge the etch on the Player Control Unit. Sorry that was long winded.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coins-juke-box-pin-photoelectric-and-spin-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.