Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by vmsaint
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

My Chicago Coin Triple Score puck bowler on start up resets the score reels, resets the pins and lights player light and first frame light but a puck across the pin switches does nothing, not a sound. Any thoughts?

#2 2 years ago

Is the game over relay resetting?

#3 2 years ago

Is everything plugged in? I only ask because when working on my pitch and bat I got worried, then realized I had left 2 Jones plugs loose!

#4 2 years ago

Thanks for the response. Yes the game over relay is resetting and I cleaned and reseated every Jones plug. It has to be something between the pin switches and the score motor for the game not to play at all.

#5 2 years ago

Your game is in start mode and game over mode. Start with the Start relay, game over relay, and the frame unit. (If you have tilt switches or relay, check those also). Next, manually trip a few pins on the bank to see if it gets score. If it scores, then the machine is in the start mode. If it does not, then the game is not ready. Also, check to see that the plugs are in the right place, and not switched. Always check the fuses to see that they are all good. Another good tip is to put the puck on the lane triggers, then go to the back to look for the problem, once you find it, the bank will trip the pin and you will see it.

#6 2 years ago

Check the switch that's responsible for supplying the power to the playfeild switches on the score motor.

The score motor looks like a Gottlieb motor but it isn't.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

Check the switch that's responsible for supplying the power to the playfeild switches

Yes, inspect the switches in the Game Over Relay.
    I don't have the schematic, but there also could be
    a set of switches on the Score Motor's cam that should
    be making when the score motor's at rest..

#8 2 years ago

Am out of town but will work through all of your suggestions when I get back. Very much appreciate your comments.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from vmsaint:

Am out of town but will work through all of your suggestions when I get back.

Another thing, when the game is resetting, I'm pretty sure the rollovers
    are dead even if the Game Over Relay is still reset, so you might want to
    check the contacts in the Start Relay also..

#10 2 years ago

Gotcha. Again, thanks.

2 weeks later
    #11 2 years ago

Thanks for all your comments. The start and game over relay were working properly. I noticed the first shot relay was not resetting and I found that one of the back switches on the board was stuck closed so the score motor was waiting for it to to open. The game now plays. Although I am having some scoring issues with spares and strikes I can deal with that better than a dead game.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-triple-score-puck-bowler-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.