Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Kmstevens
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Another Sky Rider question! I have seen startup sequences for Bally, Gottlieb, Williams, etc., but not Chicago coin. A step-by-step (or relay-by-relay) sequence sure would be so helpful. I have a schematic and parts catalog, but have been told there is no Sky Rider operating manual as I have for my Bally Circus. Anyone have info on this?

#2 3 years ago

OK, if nobody will list the CC startup sequence can someone at least tell me how to trigger the slide bank reset? Doing so manually stops the scoremotor but the schematic isn’t helping me energize the slide bank reset relay during setup.

#3 3 years ago

I'll need to see a high quality scan of the schematic from (for example) Staples ($2), Fedex ($6), or Office Depot.

Not the paginated schematic from IPDB.

#4 3 years ago

Thanks to rolf_martin_062 for putting the IPDB paginated schematic together into a continuous schematic.

Letters and numbers in parenthesis below refer to locations on the schematic.
Letters and numbers on the motor not in parenthesis below refer to motor positions at (L25) on the schematic.

1. Pushing the Credit button (E18) activates the Credit Reset relay coil (H18) which stays locked on through its own hold switch until a motor switch (can't read which one) opens.
  2. A switch on the Credit Reset relay activates the Game Reset relay coil (A22) which stays locked on through a switch on the Credit Reset relay until motor switch A2 opens.
  3. A switch on the Game Reset relay activates the #1 Start relay coil (A24) which from the schematic looks like it's on a relay bank
  4. A switch on the the #1 Start relay activates the #2 Start relay coil (A24½) which from the schematic looks like it's on a relay bank
  5. The #1 Score Reset relay and #2 Score Reset relay (H20) pulse through switches on one of the Start relays and 2 motor switches
  6. The 16 score Drum Unit solenoids (H6 to H14) reset to zero through switches on the #1 Start relay, the #2 Start relay, and one of the the Start relays.
  7. After all 16 score Drum Units finish resetting to zero, the Slide Bank Reset relay (H21) activates through the Zero Position switches (or disks) on the 16 score Drum units, a switch on one of the the Start relays, and 2 motor switches. That's a lot of switches so if the Slide Bank isn't resetting, this circuit is probably where the problem is
  8. The Slide Bank Reset solenoid coil (E27) activates through a switch on the Slide Bank Reset relay, motor switch E2 and a dedicated 1 amp fuse. Be careful because this circuit runs on 120 volts

Inspect and diagnose the failing circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features
Example of a pinsider actually doing this https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-baron-tech-question#post-5858156

#5 3 years ago

Outstanding! This is the info I need. So based on this, I’m currently checking the score reels to be sure all connections are correct for the zero position.

There is, on every reel one connection that is always made except in the zero position. If all 16 are open, this stops the score reset.

Another score reel connection is made only in the zero position. I believe when all 16 are closed the slide bank relay is energized.

Onto the hunt!

#6 3 years ago

Update: HowardR nailed it. The CCM Sky Rider starts as it should! The problem was in the score reels. On each of the 16 reels, there needs to be a connection between two of the soldered connections, and all are connected in series. If one is out of whack, the relay bank will not reset and the game will not start. Numbering the lugs along the top of of the PCB, starting from the rear, these two lugs involved in the relay bank reset are numbers 9 & 10. The are connected only when the reel is on 0.

FYI: Lugs 1 & 2 are connected on every number except when the score reel is on 0. These are involved in resetting. Lugs 11 & 12 are connected only at 9 and permit bumping up the next higher score reel.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-startup-sequence and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.