• Latest reply 3 months ago by MarkG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

top of board (resized).jpg
bottom of board (resized).jpg
Chicago_Coin_1975_Top_Ten_Schematic_Diagram_Continuous.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_0657 (resized).jpg
photo cell (resized).jpg
rectifier circuit (resized).jpg
photo cell circuit (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballAir.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago

If you find the issue is the photo cells search DIY repair thread.
Search : Sound Stage cad cell
You will see the replacement cad cell i made a few years back to replace CC oem part.

2 weeks later
#9 3 years ago

Is the diode missing on the right hand relay?

#11 3 years ago

When you say it stops scoring after 2 hours, is that 2 hrs of play or 2 hours of the machine turned on?
I am thinking that something is heating up, and it may well be the photo cell ,but it may also be something else in that circuit.
The drawing shows the different coils on that dc circuit. The only thing affected is the scoring for the photo cell?

#13 3 years ago

Free play is a different circuit and they likely just bent the end switch on the credit unit.

It could be that the photo cell is bleeding power to the relays and they overheat.
I am not sure what you should do.

You can light up the photo cell and see if the full 30vdc gets to the relay coils.
You can light up the photo cell and see if signal diminishes with time.
Play game for 2 hours and measure if full 30vdc makes it to relays. If it will not score, momentarily jump photo cell. See if it scores, if it does, the photo cell is the issue.

#15 3 years ago

I read the post that the relays seem locked on, attach the photocell with a jumper. If they seem locked on, disconnect jumper if they unlock jump out photocell and see if they score. That would mean the photo cell is stuck closed.

#17 3 years ago

I suspect the 45 volts is the combination of the 30 volts on one side and that 50 mfd cap on the other side.
I think you should build the photo cell.
Since the game scores when you bypass the photo cell, it would seem like that is where the signal stops.
If you have a home depot near you, they have the cad cell for oil burners. It is $8.99.
If you have a plumbing supplier or hvac supplier near you, the cad cell can be as cheap as $3.
I am just curious, on sound stage the spinner always landed in a "dark" position. Is that the case on top ten?

1 week later
#20 3 years ago

Is the bulb a 44? And is the glass clean and not mirrored inside?

4 months later
#22 3 years ago

I had good luck with the cad cell.
It would be more likely that the em scoring could not keep up with the cad cell in the OP situation.
IIRC the photo cell energizes a relay that intiates scoring.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
Various novelties

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballAir.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-spinner-stops-scoring-when-machine-is-warm?tu=PinballAir and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.