(Topic ID: 246370)

Chicago Coin Shuffle Bowler Help

By drksidemoon

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190629_224249 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drksidemoon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

just got this machine. cleaned and freed up the stepper units and contacts. plugged it in and the motor still runs all the time. Gonna keep working on it and was hoping someone here is familiar with these machines and can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

#3 4 years ago

I'll have to identify all the relays. The labels on them are very hard to read. The game is called Name Bowler. I havnt been able to find the year it was made yet.

20190629_224249 (resized).jpg20190629_224249 (resized).jpg
    #4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

It sounds like maybe the Start Relay (which is in the Bank Relay) is in the energized position
    and the Bank Relay coil isn't energizing to reset it. The Bank Relay's main set of contacts (110V)
    are on the Score Motor's cam and fires just before the Score Motor completes its revolution..
    BTW- What's the title of your bowler?

You were right. One of the 110 wires to one of the bank coils was disconnected. Game resets and starts at player one now. Still having other issues like it skipping frames but I'm still cleaning and adjusting. Thanks for the guidance.

#6 4 years ago

Putting one together from boxes of parts?Thats a great way to learn about that game. Yes it has 6" pins. It was allegedly in a ladies basement for the past 40 years which means it didnt get the abuse of being in a bar or bowling alley. It's really clean inside and out. It even has the clear plastic curtain in front of the pins in great shape. It works fine now until I get a spare or strike when it will skip a frame. It will reset the pins, go to next frame, reset pins again but only after a spare or strike. Does this tell you anything?

#8 4 years ago

Its inconsistent. After the second puck in let's say the second frame, sometimes the pins reset normal and then one or two pins will go up and sometimes down and the frame will change to 4 or 5. When one stays up it thinks I threw the first puck of the next frame. First frame always play correct. Things start in the second frame. It always skips from 7 to 9. I confused myself even more.

#10 4 years ago

Right again! Every issue was coming from that bank reset. Another wire was loose but not off. The pins on the 110v coils were wearing out the brackets. The coils have some room for adjustment. I pulled them back a bit and it fixed just about everything. Thanks again. I'm learning alot.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drksidemoon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-shuffle-bowler-help?tu=drksidemoon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.