• Latest reply 9 years ago by ValleyGuy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

score_reels.png

#1 9 years ago

I've got a Chicago Hollywood machine that is missing the U shaped bracket on one score reel that holds the coil in place and another bracket that is broken.
Hollywood has the score reels that has the plug for the wires, rather than them soldered on.

I see a number of Chicago score reels of the earlier type that I can see have a different coil fitted on ebay and I was wondering if anyone knows if the U shaped bracket is the same between them all as I'm not liking my chances of finding a complete Hollywood score reel.
I'm hoping I can buy these otehr reels and just take the part I need.

Also I need two new EOS switches for the score reel and these are smaller than the standard switches, does anyone know where to buy replacements for these?

Here is a photo of the reel that is missing the coil bracket.

score_reels.pngscore_reels.png

Alternatively if you happen to have a spare reel and happy to sell it and post to Australia let me know.

thanks
Tony

#2 9 years ago

Hi
I have the same machine have you had yours playing?
I may have spares I am in Canada l will let you know

#3 9 years ago

Thanks if do you have them I'm happy to pay for them and postage via paypal.
I'ts clear my machine spent a long time not being properly maintained, although I've not found any show stoppers, either that or I'm overly optimistic.

#4 9 years ago

I will check today. Have you played your game yet?

#5 9 years ago

No, its not even close to being ready to be turned on, its got many problems that need to be seen to before I plug it in, besides the score reels needing some TLC the flippers need completely rebuilding and the bonus stepper needs seeing to and some resoldering here and there.

These are the problems I'm aware of, I'm sure there are more issues that I'm not aware of yet.
I bought it cheap as a restoration job.

#6 9 years ago

I have a parts page for both CC using 3 inch and 4 inch score reels the brackets are a different part number, however I have an old CC with 4 inch reels I will compare them physically with my Hollywood reels. Private message me with your email so we don't tie up forum. The game when working is nice, how ever the Chicago Coin (CC) score reels are not good to begin with so don't take apart yet.

#7 9 years ago

I chk brackets and they are different
My Hollywood I only can use one player as I had to use misc. Parts from second player reels. You may have same situation?

#8 9 years ago

Bummer that the parts are different. Will swap parts from player 2 to player 1 reels.
Once I have everything else working and have the time if I haven't managed to find original parts I may have a go at either 3D printing replacement brackets out of ABS and see how they stand up, or fabricating ones out of metal in my workshop.

#9 9 years ago

Are the reels moving easy when manually move the solenoid? when u swap you will have to short (jump) the board you took from so it will reset to zero. I use a paper clip.
Good luck

#10 9 years ago

No the reels are gummed up good, covered in dust.
I've cleaned 6 out of the 8 reels so far, takes between 30 and 45 minutes each reel, so I can usually only face doing one an evening. Yes I can see many agonising evenings ahead before it works again, but if it was easy where would the fun be in that.

#11 9 years ago

Your right its a challenge, I got my hands full with a Williams Fan Tas Tic.
Good luck with the reels, let me know if you need any help.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 2,000.00
Playfields
Trident Pinball Homebrew
Playfields
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-score-wheel-parts-interchangeability and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.