You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

brocken_relay_part2.png
brocken_relay_part.png
brocken_relay1.png
#1 9 years ago

My wife was playing the pinball machine when I heard that dreaded sound of a relay constantly opening and closing, but nothing else happening.

On checking I could see the score was not resetting.
On checking the reset relay I discovered the fibre sheet that pulls the switch stack closed had broken.brocken_relay1.pngbrocken_relay1.png

I do not have any spares for this and making a whole new fibre part would be a real PITA to cut out and I don't have the correct riverts so would need to buy or make them too.
SO the obvious choice was to just glue it back together.
If I just glued it, it would most likely snap again, so it would need support.
This is where my 3D printer came in handy again.

Three minutes with my vernier and sketchup and I had designed the part, and another 5 minutes the parts were printed.
brocken_relay_part.pngbrocken_relay_part.png

I made them a tight friction fit onto the side of the fibre, so these with a drop or two of superglue and the part was fixed.
brocken_relay_part2.pngbrocken_relay_part2.png

Its back installed in the pinball machine and its all back in action.
From broken to back playing took me less than 30 minutes.
Beats the hell out of a 2 or 3 week wait, waiting on the postman to deliver parts from USA.

Part is available to download on thingaverse
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:757965

#2 9 years ago

Wow...nice repair job! Go 3D printer!

#3 9 years ago

Yes really starting to love my 3D printer, all of a sudden repairs that would take me ages or be impossible without buying parts can be done now in anything from minutes to a couple of hours.
I have the sweeper arm for my score reel 90% modelled and when I get a moment will finsih it so I can look at fixing the score reels for the second player

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-score-reset-relay-fix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.