Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7785 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

Not sure where to start.

Worked better prior to cleaning and adjusting contacts, bonus unit, credit unit, score motor etc...

Game no longer lights up when left flipper pressed.

Will put on credits with coin switch and take credits off when credit button is pushed.

Score reels attempt to reset but don't make it all the way.

Playfield only lights up on by pushing lock relay manually. Backbox has not lights.

Is that a good start for at least moving forward.

Not a novice at this, but just getting back in after 25 years away.

I'm thinking it's something I'm overlooking and would appreciate any advice or knowledge. I want to re-learn!

Thanks,
Ed T

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from etolisano:

Worked better prior to cleaning and adjusting contacts, bonus unit, credit unit, score motor etc...

Sorry but that was a mistake. This forum is full of posts from people who tried shotgun cleaning & adjustments, and caused more problems than they were originally trying to solve.
What to do instead: Slowly and carefully diagnose one problem at a time and then fix only that.
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#clean

Quoted from etolisano:

Game no longer lights up when left flipper pressed.

If the Lock relay doesn't activate when you press the Left Flipper button, Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 4 years ago

Howard, thanks! Lesson learned, I will go back and start over.
I did however during my cleaning and adjusting madness find several switches out of adjustment and a few broken wires and thought when I turned game back on I was expecting different results...You know what they say about madness! I will not repeat the same mistake...
Will let you know how the left flipper project works out.
Thanks,
Ed T

#4 4 years ago

Howard,
Was able to get left flipper issue solved by use of jumpers, THANKS!...the contacts on switch for anti-cheat relay needed cleaning.
Looking in back to see why 1000 score reel had not reset found a broken wire on coil that is totally not the same as all other coils in other score reels.
It is bigger and blue (cannot read any numbers) all other coils are NA-26 900X and yellow.
When taking out in-correct coil found that metal bracket that holds coil to reel assembly is broken, an apparent bad repair.
Would it make sense to take a score reel from the second player until I can get the parts (if available) to at least have it working in 1 player?
Ed T

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from etolisano:

When taking out in-correct coil found that metal bracket that holds coil to reel assembly is broken, an apparent bad repair.
Would it make sense to take a score reel from the second player until I can get the parts (if available) to at least have it working in 1 player?

Depends on your skill level and difficulty of the change. If it's just an easily moved metal bracket that you'd be swapping then I'd go for it.

#6 4 years ago

I'm good doing it. My buddy has a spare CC score reel with the proper coil and bracket intact. Ill let you know if it effects any change in game operation.

#7 4 years ago

In case you have any ideas, this is where I’m at: game will credit up with coin switch and playfield lights come on with left flipper.

Ball will occasionally kick out.

Appears 1000 pt relay coil is fried (measures less than 1 ohm on meter.

It is showing signs of life but nowhere near playing.

Are you an advocate of changing any coil that measures less than 2 ohms?

Also, replaced coil on 1000 score reel and tore down, cleaned and put back together. Functions as normal as a CC score reel can.

Ed T

#8 4 years ago

You can only get an accurate coil resistance reading with one side of the coil completely disconnected. Compare to another coil with the same part number.

#9 4 years ago

Checked with 2 same coils (see picture) Coil on right is below 1 ohm and other tow coils hover around 2 ohms.

IMG_7785 (resized).jpgIMG_7785 (resized).jpg
#10 4 years ago

I’ve hot my playfield lights back. Currently the score motor will keep running as the coin door relays go on and off.
All score reels are at 0 (put there manually).
Some functions that were not working before are working now?
Would like to know where to start to fix problem of score motor and coin door.
Any advice would be welcome.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from etolisano:

Would like to know where to start to fix problem of score motor and coin door.
Any advice would be welcome.

Which of these switches is keeping the score motor running?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-s-hollywood-start-up-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.