Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by B1ffB0ff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

01BBDBCA-B88A-43B0-90B3-C82D0595C9F1 (resized).jpeg
    Image1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0543 (resized).JPEG
    IMG_0541 (resized).JPEG
    IMG_0538 (resized).JPEG
    rodeo - ccm- stylus (resized).jpg
    rodeo - ccm- stylus arm (resized).jpg
    IMG_0523 (resized).JPEG
    IMG_0520 (resized).JPEG
    ccm stylus (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baldtwit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago

most of the ccm rifles used the stylus on the image below.

see https://flippers.com/catalog_oc/chicago-coin-industries-c-1_39?_route_=chicago-coin-industries-c-1_39&page=15

ccm stylus (resized).jpgccm stylus (resized).jpg
    #5 2 years ago

the spring he lists Williams 10A-197 as a replacement. He has those.

you can also try pinball resource or other pinball parts suppliers with the part numbers. 289-2510 for the entire arm assembly would be ideal ... or 254-2547. You'd need to measure your arm to figure out if it's one of those.

I'd guess the insulating washers were fiber/bakelite/plastic ... the stylus needs to slide up/down in it so definitely not rubber. You can probably make the pieces from plastic washers/standoffs from a hardware store.

I'm going to the pacific pinball museum warehouse on monday and will take a look in a chicoin rifle game. Unfortunately, I don't think they have any parts machines to scrounge in and I think their asking price for entire project machines is too high for that to be a reasonable way to get the parts you need.

#9 2 years ago

here's how a stylus assembly looks on a rodeo ... or at least on the parts that were in a disassembled rodeo at the pacific pinball museum warehouse. The stylus tip is worn down, and I shoulda taken another picture showing the solder lug with wire attached ... but you can see it in the parts manual page.

rodeo - ccm- stylus (resized).jpgrodeo - ccm- stylus (resized).jpgrodeo - ccm- stylus arm (resized).jpgrodeo - ccm- stylus arm (resized).jpg

#11 2 years ago

afaik, the museum has never assembled the rodeo, so they never obtained the paperwork. It didn't have any in it when it was donated.

#15 2 years ago

I'd like to hear how long the solder blob lasts

if it wears down quickly, silver solder may last longer, but otherwise it seems like a pretty reasonable repair that may last for years.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baldtwit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-rodeo-stylus-tip-needed-please?tu=baldtwit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.