Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Red Baron Double Bonus (resized).jpg
ccrb (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

I am working on a Chicago coin red baron, it started out with the game giving double bonus points on every ball even when it was not supposed to. After cleaning some contacts on all related relays now the game will not eject ball into shooter lane. I do have schematics and I am not a newbe to em machines but this one has me baffled any help would be great. Thanks Bill

#2 4 years ago

If your Outhole Relay is engaging confirm switches to Ball Return coil (Red circles). If Outhole Relay is NOT engaging confirm switches circled in blue.

ccrb (resized).pngccrb (resized).png
#3 4 years ago

If the Out Hole relay isn't firing also check the path through the Bonus Unit (between the blue ovals). It may be that the Bonus Unit needs to be in the zero position before the ball will kick out.

/Mark

#4 4 years ago

Ok I got the ball to kick out and the game plays fine except for the fact that it still gives double bonus at the end of every ball instead of just the last ball.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from willie0912:

Ok I got the ball to kick out and the game plays fine except for the fact that it still gives double bonus at the end of every ball instead of just the last ball.

What was the kickout resolution?

#6 4 years ago

It had a dirty contact on the bonus collect relay, naturally it is the one in the very back, cleaned and readjusted it and works,just the double bonus problem now.

#7 4 years ago

Does the Double Bonus relay fire every time you get a Double Bonus? If not either of these switches might be the problem.
Red Baron Double Bonus (resized).jpgRed Baron Double Bonus (resized).jpg
It could be that the Double Bonus relay switch is stuck open, or that the Score Motor B5 switch doesn't close. Either would cause the Bonus Unit to count down at half the rate it should for a single bonus.

#8 4 years ago

Thanks I will look at it when I get back to it tomorrow, I will let you know how I make out.

#9 4 years ago

Well I cleaned and adjusted the score motor b-5 switch and the two switches on the bonus stepper unit. Don't know which one fixed it but the game works fine now. Thanks everyone for all the input.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-red-baron-3?hl=willie0912 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.