Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by willie0912
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Red Baron Double Bonus (resized).jpg
ccrb (resized).png

#1 8 days ago

I am working on a Chicago coin red baron, it started out with the game giving double bonus points on every ball even when it was not supposed to. After cleaning some contacts on all related relays now the game will not eject ball into shooter lane. I do have schematics and I am not a newbe to em machines but this one has me baffled any help would be great. Thanks Bill

#2 8 days ago

If your Outhole Relay is engaging confirm switches to Ball Return coil (Red circles). If Outhole Relay is NOT engaging confirm switches circled in blue.

ccrb (resized).png
#3 8 days ago

If the Out Hole relay isn't firing also check the path through the Bonus Unit (between the blue ovals). It may be that the Bonus Unit needs to be in the zero position before the ball will kick out.

/Mark

#4 8 days ago

Ok I got the ball to kick out and the game plays fine except for the fact that it still gives double bonus at the end of every ball instead of just the last ball.

#5 8 days ago
Quoted from willie0912:

Ok I got the ball to kick out and the game plays fine except for the fact that it still gives double bonus at the end of every ball instead of just the last ball.

What was the kickout resolution?

#6 8 days ago

It had a dirty contact on the bonus collect relay, naturally it is the one in the very back, cleaned and readjusted it and works,just the double bonus problem now.

#7 7 days ago

Does the Double Bonus relay fire every time you get a Double Bonus? If not either of these switches might be the problem.
Red Baron Double Bonus (resized).jpg
It could be that the Double Bonus relay switch is stuck open, or that the Score Motor B5 switch doesn't close. Either would cause the Bonus Unit to count down at half the rate it should for a single bonus.

#8 7 days ago

Thanks I will look at it when I get back to it tomorrow, I will let you know how I make out.

#9 5 days ago

Well I cleaned and adjusted the score motor b-5 switch and the two switches on the bonus stepper unit. Don't know which one fixed it but the game works fine now. Thanks everyone for all the input.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 109.99
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Monster Bash Remake Out of stock
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 15.95
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 29.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside