Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RedBaron (resized).jpg
20161023_150803 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

So. I bought a red baron yesterday, but am not entirely certain i will be keeping it. However....would like to correct an intermittant issue. The score relay coil will fire continuously. Score reels reset, but then the coil on the relay just keeps jumping.

20161023_150803 (resized).jpg20161023_150803 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

If these two are touching try bending them apart slightly. I can't tell if they are on different levels from the photo.

RedBaron (resized).jpgRedBaron (resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

The red circled area are not touching....just looks like it in the picture. Is there a way to attach video here?

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from MNpin66:

The red circled area are not touching....just looks like it in the picture. Is there a way to attach video here?

You can paste a YouTube link and it embeds automatically.

#5 7 years ago

sounds like a stuck playfield switch?
I believe I would chk the score reel switches, eos switch, etc...

#6 7 years ago

Hi MNpin66
I am german speaking - I do not fully understand Your description in post-1 (subtleties in the english language (?) ): AAA Intermittent issue, BBB Score-Relay-Coil, CCC fire continuously, DDD Coil on relay keeps jumping.
AAA-1 means sometimes when You toggle-on and start a game You have the fault --- but not always.
AAA-2 means whenever ... the fault ALWAYS shows up.
BBB-1 is the 10-Point-RELAY, BBB-2 is the 100-Point-RELAY, BBB-3 is the 1000-Point-RELAY, BBB-4 is a Score-DRUM (counter, stepper) - which one ?
CCC-1 means pulls and stays pulling
CCC-2 means pulls, let go, pulls, let go, pulls etc. in a "machine-gun tempo, fast, rapidly"
DDD-1 means pulls and stays pulling
DDD-2 means pulls, let go, pulls, let go, pulls etc. in a "machine-gun tempo, fast, rapidly"

Dr_of_Style mentioned the "stuck playfield switches" --- rumours are: "EVERY pin can go through the Start-Up procedure having the playfield disconnected". Yes, playfield switches can be faulty - ALSO stuff in the cabinet and/or Backbox can be faulty. A simple test is: Disconnect the playfield (unplug the Jones plugs) - then do a "Start-Up" --- IF (if) the fault does NOT show up: The problem is most likely on the playfield.

Do You have a schematics - would be VERY helpful, greetings Rolf

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-red-baron-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.