3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by stoli1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bleacher_reset2.png
    bleacher_reset1 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoli1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Picked up a CCM Home Run (1972) Pitch and Bat game a week ago.

There were all kinds of things wrong with the game but I've tracked most of them down and have it working ... almost.

The final issue that I can't pin down is a base runner scoring issue. Here are the details:

- Home runs ALWAYS score CORRECTLY (1, 3 or 5 runs depending on the bonus light)
    - Base runners score sometimes, but most of the time they do not register a run. This includes when they are knocked in via a single, double, triple or HR.
    - The issue is common to both players 1 and 2
    - The backbox animation and playfield base runner lights work correctly.

I have the schematic but not sure which switch, relay or wiper to focus on. Anyone have any ideas what sequence of switches/relays/wipers are applicable to base runner scoring?

#2 3 years ago

I guess sometimes you just have to post your question on a forum to finally see the answer staring you in the face. So, I found the bad switch on the Animation motor reset relay. Right there on the schematic. I was too focused on the animation unit itself to see it before. Anyways...

So, now I notice that when you hit a homerun, the game scores 1 run for the batter plus whatever the bonus is (1, 3 or 5). So, there is no such thing as just 1 run scored after a homer? Can someone verify?

#4 3 years ago

Another question for pinballdaveh or someone else with a CCM Home Run - The bleacher relays (right, left and center field bonus) don't reset between games. They do reset when all 3 are lit and the bonus is awarded. Looking at the schematic, I can't see a way that they can reset, except when the bonus gets awarded. Is this correct, or should they be resetting when a game starts?

#6 3 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to look at that. I cleaned the 3 switches on the SLIDE BANK RESET relay but I think my game is wired differently. Or, perhaps I am reading the schematic wrong. The 3 switches on that relay are accounted for in my schematic - none seem to interact with the bleacher units.

I have attached the section of the schematic that shows the 3 coils that release the bleacher units (1st image). The way I see it, the only way those relays can fire is if the "BLEACHER EXTRA RUNS" relay is engaged. And, as previously mentioned, I know that works when the bonus gets awarded. So, maybe the "BLEACHER EXTRA RUNS" relay gets fired during game reset??, but that has left me scratching my head. Not to mention the other switches on the score motor (D2 and D3) shown on the schematic. On my game D2 is normally closed and D3 is normally open. The opposite as shown in the schematic. The 2nd attachment is the portion of the schematic showing the 3-BLEACHERS EXTRA VALUE relay.

Note: I assume the BLEACHER EXTRA RUNS and the 3-BLEACHERS EXTRA VALUE relays are one in the same. I can not find a relay labeled BLEACHER EXTRA RUNS in my game.

bleacher_reset1 (resized).pngbleacher_reset1 (resized).pngbleacher_reset2.pngbleacher_reset2.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoli1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-pitch-and-bat-scoring-issue?tu=stoli1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.