Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by nightfire
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hi guys! I just bought my latest pin and I was so proud of myself that I got this out of long storage, and with the problems it had, I got it up and running by myself!.... Well, that didn't last long. I now have the issue of the score reels not resetting. It was working fine, now when I start a new game, none of the score wheels will reset to zero, or for that matter, they won't move at all on reset, only on play. As this is happening, the score reset relay is pulsing like crazy, score control relay is energized, and the score motor turns.
CC does not have a manual for this game, but I do have the schematic. I'm not well versed enough in this yet to know what is responsible for this problem.

Thank you,
Walt

#2 3 years ago

Hey Walt, I'll need to see a high quality scan of the schematic from (for example) Staples ($2) or Kinkos ($6)

#3 3 years ago

I just got finished rebuilding a Rawhide and here are a few things I had to do to get them all working....
1. The biggest problem was that someone had lubed them in the past 40 years and all that gunk was now as sticky as chewing gum. I had to clean all the parts of 16 of them. If you can pull back the slider and release it and the drum increments then you may not have to clean them all.
2. When resetting, the current from the reset relays goes through one of the traces on the circuit board on the back. Clean those up with alcohol and 800 grit sandpaper.
3. The plastic fingers that ride on those traces were cracked in a lot of places and the metal fingers did not ride squarely on the traces. Fixed those.
4. There is a tab on the front of the shelf that the reels sit on that sticks up. It centers the reel in the slot when you slide it in and holds the front down. I found that several of those had gotten bent up a little too high and were dragging on the reel keeping it from turning. Tap those down CAREFULLY so that the reel will still slide in all the way, but is held snugly.
Took patience, but they all reset consistently now
Hope that helps....

#4 3 years ago

Spinner.... thanks for the note. I did all of that when I first got the pin. The pins I own are coming slowly out of storage from a old collector who passed away. The family is nice enough to give me first dibs on them as they get pulled out of storage one by one. I learned from the first ones that it takes a lot of cleaning, inspecting, and adjusting before I even attempt to plug them in, so I go though that process automatically. I did double check since you mentioned it since it is possible I overlooked something. The reels were working fine for the first 20 games or so, but have all hung up at once, so I suspect a central problem with a relay, etc.

Howard... Schematic is on the way.

Thanks guys!
Walt

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside