3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RyanCurry
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200802_165103 (resized).jpg
    chicagocoinminibaseball4 (resized).jpg
    chicagocoinminibaseball3 (resized).jpg
    chicagocoinminibaseball2 (resized).jpg
    chicagocoinminibaseball1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mgroves.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I just purchased a Chicago Coin Mini-Baseball (1972 I think). It seems to be in good working order, but the game doesn't quite function how I remember when I first played one of these. I have a bunch of questions, I'm hoping to get some of them answered here

1) There are supposed to be 3 outs per credit. However, my game only seems to provide 1 out per credit. How do I adjust this?

2) There is set of "jumpers" I'll call them, labeled "meter", "regular", "replay". Changing the jumper doesn't seem to have any effect on the game. Is it possible that a previous owner hardwired/hacked something? If not, what do these settings do (see the first picture).

3) The "skill gage(sic)" lights don't come on. It looks like the board is there. I tested continuity, I tested the bulbs, I even pressed the contacts together with a wood dowel. No lights. Again, I suspect this might be purposely turned off by a setting or a rewiring? Any ideas (see the second picture)?

4) There is a "Credit Adj." jumper setting. I suspect that this probably changes how many credits I get per quarter. Is that correct? (see picture 3)

5) There is a "Score Adj. Jack" jumper setting near the top (picture 4). What is this setting for? Is it possibly related to any of my above questions?

Thank you!

chicagocoinminibaseball1 (resized).jpgchicagocoinminibaseball1 (resized).jpgchicagocoinminibaseball2 (resized).jpgchicagocoinminibaseball2 (resized).jpgchicagocoinminibaseball3 (resized).jpgchicagocoinminibaseball3 (resized).jpgchicagocoinminibaseball4 (resized).jpgchicagocoinminibaseball4 (resized).jpg

#3 3 years ago

Thanks for the information!

Quoted from KenLayton:

The meter adjustment jack is for the connected meter (a.k.a. counter) to either display "total coins" (meter), "total plays" (regular), or "total replays" (replays).

By "connected meter", are you referring to some sort of optional peripheral (which I don't have)?

Quoted from KenLayton:

The "skill gage" requires a white connector to be plugged into it.

I apologize for the lousy picture, but yes there's a white harness connected to it. I tested the continuity from the copper contacts on the board up to the bulbs, and that seems to be fine.

There are two black wires taped together in the area that looks suspicious to me, I'm wondering if that was done to turn off the skill gage (it could be completed unrelated for all I know).

I've attached a better shot of the area.

IMG_20200802_165103 (resized).jpgIMG_20200802_165103 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mgroves.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-mini-baseball-settings?tu=mgroves and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.