• Latest reply 5 years ago by jdapolito
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

I have a chicago coin jukebox that I've been working on .got all the score reels to reset to zero ,cleaned all the circuit boards and the wiper blades on the score reels
but when credit button is pushed the reels all reset but the score motor keeps running.im working on replacing the wire harness connectors that slide on the score reels circuit boards as some are cracked and wjen I wiggled a few of them the problem.stopped .I replaced these and the problem now continues.
then I thought I had it solved when I slightly moved another score reel,the zero wasnt quite "locked "in on the reel .id move it a little and the problem stopped .cleaned and fixed this score reel and the problem of constant running score motor continues
if I manually release the start relay I can play a game ,i can play a single player or multiplayer depending on number of players I select .
any other ideas or just keep replacing those wiring plugs to the score reels
Thanks for all the help

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from jdapolito:

... if I manually release the start relay I can play a game ,i can play a single player or multiplayer ...

If the Start relay is staying locked on, figure out which of these circuits/switches is causing that by putting slips of paper between their contact points.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#3 5 years ago

ok if I briefly open the switch on the reset relay that resets the score reels score motor stops and game can be played
if I put a piece of paper in the I believe 3rd switch from top,away from coil side on coin relay score motor stops but the switch doesnt allow game over relay to reset so game is in " game over "
And if I put a piece of paper in the lowest switch on game over relay the score motor stops but no scoring can occur with this switch open
does this help ?
And thanks .

#4 5 years ago

Better to identify switches by wire colors than by position.

#5 5 years ago

From your description the problem is in the score reels. And it's probably those edge connectors. The reset circuit is a serial circuit from one reel to the next, all it takes is one bad connector. I soldered the wires to the boards on all mine. End of problem.

#6 5 years ago

I'm continuing to reattach those wiires to the circuit boards for each score reel
And Howard ill have another look at those switches and corresponding wire colors and get back
Thanks again

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-jukebox-trouble-with-start-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.