(Topic ID: 133547)

Anyone have Chicago Coin Juke Box Pinball relay switch pictures?

By knee1

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by 64bsstp
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Score_Reel_2.jpg
Score_Reel_1.jpg
IMG_7685.jpg
IMG_7681.jpg
IMG_7679.jpg
Score_Reel_3.jpg
Score_Motor_4.jpg
Score_Motor_5.jpg
Score_Motor_3.jpg
Coin_Control_Relay.jpg
Score_Motor_2.jpg
Score_Motor_1.jpg
Outhole_Relay.jpg
16_Relay.jpg
12_Relay.jpg
15_Relay.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 64bsstp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 8 years ago

Those CC games use a circuit board on each score reel. The "score reset" (all reels at zero) is a series loop through all the reels. Every reel has to close the connection between two wires or the score motor keeps running to pulse the reels. The wires get to the circuit board via an edge card connector. On my game every one of those connectors was split. So the wires don't get to the circuit board because there's no tension to hold them to the board. Score motor will run forever.

#7 8 years ago

I should be able to take some pictures Monday eve if somebody else doesn't get to them.

#8 8 years ago

OK, Dave says the pictures are helping so I'll post them here in case anyone else needs them. (Hope this works....first time doing multiple pictures on Pinside....)
First, the Parts Manual pages. They detail what contacts each relay should have and what state they should be in.
Parts Catalog 1.jpgParts Catalog 1.jpg
Parts Catalog 2.jpgParts Catalog 2.jpg
Parts Catalog 3.jpgParts Catalog 3.jpg

The pictures were taken in the power off state so all coils are deenergized. When the power switch is turned on no coils energize until the left flipper button is pressed. Then only the LOCK relay engages and the GI lighting comes on.

Game Over 1.jpgGame Over 1.jpg
Game Over 4.jpgGame Over 4.jpg
Game Over 6.jpgGame Over 6.jpg
#2 Player Control 1.jpg#2 Player Control 1.jpg
#3 and #4 Relays.jpg#3 and #4 Relays.jpg

#9 8 years ago

#5 Lock Relay.jpg#5 Lock Relay.jpg
#6 Relay.jpg#6 Relay.jpg
#7 & #8 Relay.jpg#7 & #8 Relay.jpg
#8 & #9 Relay 2.jpg#8 & #9 Relay 2.jpg
#10 & #11 Relay.jpg#10 & #11 Relay.jpg
#12 Relay.jpg#12 Relay.jpg
#14 Relay.jpg#14 Relay.jpg
#15 Relay.jpg#15 Relay.jpg

#10 8 years ago

#16 Relay.jpg#16 Relay.jpg
Coin Control Relay.jpgCoin Control Relay.jpg
Outhole Relay.jpgOuthole Relay.jpg
Score Motor 1.jpgScore Motor 1.jpg
Score Motor 2.jpgScore Motor 2.jpg
Score Motor 3.jpgScore Motor 3.jpg
Score Motor 4.jpgScore Motor 4.jpg
Score Motor 5.jpgScore Motor 5.jpg

#11 8 years ago

In my game the Score Motor would continuously run until I fixed the score reel reset loop.
Find the Brn/Or and Wht/Brn wires in the #1 molex plug between the head and the base. Try putting a jumper across them, if the motor stops then you need to find the break in the series path that goes thru every score reel. You'll find the other end of the Brn/Or wire at the Player #1 10's reel. Then it jumps to the next reels via alternating Wht/O and Wht/Brn wires. The problem on my game was all the black plastic edgecard connectors were cracked and no longer had the tension to hold the pins against the board. My solution was to solder the wires to the boards. Yea, it's a "CC" game, but it's pinball and no pinball gets left behind on my watch! Besides, I find CC games interesting. They did the craziest things in them. The spinning disk sensor on Juke Box, for example.

Good luck guys!

Score Reel 3.jpgScore Reel 3.jpg
IMG_7679.jpgIMG_7679.jpg
IMG_7681.jpgIMG_7681.jpg
IMG_7685.jpgIMG_7685.jpg
Score Reel 1.jpgScore Reel 1.jpg
Score Reel 2.jpgScore Reel 2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 64bsstp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-jukebox-pinball-relay-switches?tu=64bsstp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.