Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by CadillacMusic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I recently picked up a Juke Box (my first machine so far) that was mostly non-functional when I got it home; the score relay runs forever on startup, but manually activating the reset relay allows a ball to kick out and the game to be played.

However, the flippers are exceedingly weak; I can barely hit a ball up to the middle of the opposite slingshot, let alone up the playfield. When I hold either flipper, it doesn't make it to EOS and just wobbles in the middle of the stroke (I don't hold it for long, for I don't want to burn out the coils.) If I manually move the flipper up to EOS and then press the button, it will sometimes stay there, but sometimes not (as if the hold coil isn't strong enough to overcome the spring.)

When I picked up the game, the flipper coils were disconnected. I have since attached the appropriate wires where they belong, and I am seeing a solid 30V AC at the power lugs. I also completely disassembled the EOS switches and cleaned them, so the contacts are now shiny and bright. While I had the coils out, I noticed that custom brass coil sleeves were in place, so I replaced those with nylon, and now the plungers move smoothly through the coil when hand-activated.

Does anyone have any insight into why the flippers would be so weak? I have searched around, but so far nothing seems to be helping.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

2 years later
#2 1 year ago

Sorry to resurrect this, but are there any thoughts on this? As I mentioned before, the flipper coils are getting 30V AC, and the weakness is on both flippers, so I don't think it would be the coils.

Thanks again!

#3 1 year ago

My thoughts are: your flipper bits are worn out. Probably the bushings but also just the mechanism. Have fun finding replacements! All our CC games are missing the flipper mechs, because someone stole them to get ones in the field working. I assume those machines got sold at some point. Now we're mechless.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 199.00
Lighting - Interactive
Medisinyl Mods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Mods for your pinballs
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
€ 8.40
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 45.00
Lighting - Other
PinballToys
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 129.25

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside