(Topic ID: 227361)

Chicago Coin Hollywood S Relay Help

By crujones4life

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181012_214746 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20181015-221611_Drive (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Have a Chicago Coin Hollywood (2nd one actually) that upon turning on the machine is firing the S and A kick out holes (actuated by same coil). The S relay constantly activates but not the A relay (only one has to pull to activate the S and A kickouts because they are actuated by the same coil). The only way I can get S relay to stop firing is put paper in between normally closed motor switch 3A. Well then none of the kickouts work because 3A needs to close to activate the kickouts. 3A opens and closes fine. Have tried adjusting it to both extremes. S hole switch is not stuck closed. All S relay switches are normally open and open and close just fine. Ideas?

#2 5 years ago

I don't know what the side lane switch is...that seems to also actuate the S relay...right?

Screenshot_20181015-221611_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181015-221611_Drive (resized).jpg
    #3 5 years ago

Did you check the S Hole to see if something is sticking?

#4 5 years ago

I even unscrewed the switch from the s hole and let it hang down. I don't know what to look at.

#5 5 years ago

Problem was...the side lane switch...this target was stuck closed.

20181012_214746 (resized).jpg20181012_214746 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-hollywood-s-relay-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.