Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

Greetings, my spring garage cleaning continues. I’m now digging into my first Chicago Coin pin - Hee Haw. I’m not making much headway as I haven’t been able to get the score motor to energize on its own. I’ve checked all of the switches and as best I can tell from the schematic, the ones that should be open are. I can jumper over to the fuse box and get the motor to run and best I can tell - the game plays normally at that point. So, I think I’ve got something simple in the start up process I’m overlooking and I haven’t found a good description of it for this machine.

Anyone have any suggestions?

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

I haven’t been able to get the score motor to energize on its own

The score motor should run when any of these relays is activated, or the included motor A1 switch is closed.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 1 year ago
Quoted from HowardR:

The score motor should run when any of these relays is activated, or the included motor A1 switch is closed.
[quoted image]

Thank you. I have been focusing on all of those relays and closing A1 (or opening it) and trying any of the other relays fail to have any action unless I jumper power to the motor.

I did just think of something, the lock relay is also not energized. Does it need need power first in the sequence for this?

#4 1 year ago

If none of the score motor activation switches will power the score motor, then I would check if there’s score motor service switch that’s either turned off or unplugged. Although the schematic doesn’t show one.

#5 1 year ago

Had similar situation a few weeks ago on a Beatnicks. As Pinballdaveh mention it was the service switch turned off.

#6 1 year ago

I’ll dig around again to see if I can locate a switch for the motor. I didn’t see one when I was looking before.

#7 1 year ago

Well, sometimes the easy things are more complicated than they should be. Even though I pulled the fuses and checked them with the meter as the first thing I do when working on an unknown condition game - in this case, it was the rare instance where it tested ok via continuity when popped out of the game; but, it was the source of the issue.

I swapped another fuse in and now the score motor runs. I'm now troubleshooting how the game logic is supposed to work in this. The reset relay bank fires and the 1st ball relay gets triggered when the switch at the top of the shooter lane near the gate gets tripped. The ball count unit isn't advancing until I manually trip the last ball relay though.

I'll read over the schematic and see if I can make sense out this; but, at least I'm past the biggest hurdle of it starting.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

The ball count unit isn't advancing until I manually trip the last ball relay though.

Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-big-shot-repair#post-6305153
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features
Example of a pinsider actually doing this https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-baron-tech-question#post-5858156

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.