(Topic ID: 304967)

Chicago Coin Hee Haw

By Kickout

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Picked up a Chicago Coin Hee Haw. Have credits. score reels zero'd, push start nothing. Manually push game reset relay, game starts but score motor continues to run, Ball count unit continues to run. 1st and 3rd Player score reset relay continues to fire. Any ideas or suggestions on where to start?

Thanks
Kickout

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from Kickout:

Picked up a Chicago Coin Hee Haw. Have credits. score reels zero'd, push start nothing. Manually push game reset relay, game starts but score motor continues to run, Ball count unit continues to run. 1st and 3rd Player score reset relay continues to fire. Any ideas or suggestions on where to start?
Thanks
Kickout

Sounds like you may have a score reel or 2 (or more) that while showing zero in the display is not actually at the zero position with regards to the switch on the reel. I would remove each reel and actuate by hand to make sure the switch is making and breaking when it should. If it appears to be then it may just be a very dirty switch that needs a flex stone cleaning. Grab a score reel that is already working correctly and watch how it actuates the switch on the score reel when in position 1-8, 9, and zero.

I will add Chicago Coin score reels are notoriously finicky...I have had 2 Hollywoods.

1 week later
#3 2 years ago

I'm guessing this machine has the board instead of switches.These can be a pain. If you go to the back during reset you may be able to find the culprit by nudging the score reels.If not,I would suggest going through all of them. I had to on a rawhide.Take the board assembly off the reel and cleaan the board and ccontacts .The make sure it's put together right.It will have a small notch where the contacts go on the reel.Also check your connectors.Might want to clean them as well.
These machines have been around for along time,so they need going through at some point to get them working properly.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-hee-haw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.