2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Mopar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smohr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hi,

I just got a CC Gun Smoke (project), I dont know the history. Before I powered this up, I did the following..
Checked all switches they appear to make/break, open and close when manually activated.
Checked/cleaned all score reels they advance snappy.
Checked/cleaned all steppers they advance and/or reset snappy.

I turn the power on I get nothing
I hit the left flipper and I get GI lighting
I have credits on the credit wheel, I press the start button on the coin door... nothing happens
I manually rotate the score motor cam (slowly) and the scores on the back box start to reset to zero but have to do it manually

Could the score motor be bad since it's not rotating at all, how can I tell if the score motor is good/bad.

Im not familiar with the actual start up steps.

Any thoughts/suggestion?

Thank You
Steve

#3 2 years ago

Thanks Mopar,

I did check that and it's OK... I snooped around the score motor checking the wiring to/from the motor, guess what I found.... hidden... a slide on/off switch. so I jumped around that switch and now I do get motor activity (Yeah), just spinning, non-stop. So progress is being made. Now I just need to find out why it's doing that. I'll mark this as solved.

Thanks
Steve

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smohr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-gun-smoke-score-motor-testing?tu=smohr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.