Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Erieman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4-player-derby-pf (resized).JPG
    lspa-version-control-board-1 (resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    #1 7 years ago

I just bought a Chicago Coin Four Player Derby. It lights up. Three of the four horses run , bell rings. Looks complete good shape just dirty from sitting. Here are the only two pictures I have. I'll post more after I pick it up . Too good of a deal to pass on, hope I still can get in the house after I leave to pick it up.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 7 years ago

interesting! have not seen that one before. nice find

#3 7 years ago

That's a cool looking game, definitely have never seen one. I do like the horse racing themes, I was able to pick up a Nags a few years back.

#4 7 years ago

I'm in the process of removing 15 years of cat hair and other unknown objects from the game. It's cleaning up pretty good.
    Does anyone have any wiring diagrams, manuals, or other information on this game?

#5 7 years ago

Raining off and on today in STL. Spent the afternoon looking,adjusting and cleaning the machine. I found one weak coil and a gear that has some stripped teeth that someone tried to repair. 8 out of ten times it works great.

2 weeks later
    #6 7 years ago

Very cool project ! Would be interested to see the progress and more pictures as you take them. Saw the overall shot in the game room thread. Looks like it is a neat game.

1 week later
    #7 7 years ago

I finally got the game working properly.
    I took a dremmel tool to the coin in stepper unit gear. It doesn't look pretty but it works. I added one wind to the spring and it has enough to overcome the bad teeth.
    I have a lead on a gear locally but the kids can play without me manually resetting the game.
    A little more cleaning, new lables for the coils, instruction cards, and hopefully 4 new horses.

#8 7 years ago

Very Cool. Glad you have it working. How do you play ? I see four positions and a playfield for each. Can you put up a shot of a playfield and explain how it works ? That cabinet is huge ! Cool artwork too.

#9 7 years ago

One to four players can play. If only one plays, horses 2,3&4 move a random length each time player #1 shoots a ball. First horse to the end wins, if two tie winner goes to highest score. There is a picture of the play field at the top of the post. All four are identical except #1 has a rollover switch at the bottom of the channel where the ball is shot from, this motions the other horses to run in a one player game. If two or three people play , they play against each other and the unused horses just sit there.
    I did get the coin acceptor to work, there was a great how to on this forum , very simple if you see one broke down. I can not figure out how to mount it to the bezel and align the return slot up on the door.

#10 7 years ago

Ok - I forgot about the pictures at the top of the post ! So does each player shoot ball after ball until there is a winner or do you get a certain number of balls for a coin ?

That is really a nice assortment of different styles or types of games in your arcade.

#11 7 years ago

Each player can shoot as many balls as he can. There is no limit on the number of shots. A pin goes up after the first horse crosses the finish line preventing the balls from dropping into the shooting ramp.

#12 7 years ago

Possibly any video of this in action?

#14 7 years ago

Looks like it would be really fun with 3 or 4 people playing at once !

1 month later
    #15 7 years ago

A rare find. Looks great with the balance of your collection. One on my bucket list of EM's to own. How is the mechanical restoration coming along? Have you run into anything your stuck on with getting it up and running?

#16 7 years ago

I have started working on one of these. I only had the head with the horses.
    Have built a bottom cabinet, control board & playfield. Almost there.
    Could I get some pic of the horse advance unit when just game controls them.

lspa-version-control-board-1 (resized).JPGlspa-version-control-board-1 (resized).JPG

4-player-derby-pf (resized).JPG4-player-derby-pf (resized).JPG

#17 7 years ago

I have it running mechanically. It really just needed cleaning, a few adjustments and a gear replaced. I filled the gear, it works, so the replacement is just sitting. I am in the process of printing instruction cards and looking for replacement horses.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-four-player-derby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.