Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Peruman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hoping someone knows what I'm supposed to be getting for resistance in the j22-500 coils in a chicago coin back box, most that I'm testing in 2 different games(bronco and Olympics) are reading at below 2ohms. Which in my mind makes sense that they are blown, as they are not pushing the plunger on the step up unit properly, even after dissembling the units and cleaning thoroughly and reassembling. But unless every j22-500 coil I have tested(8 between the 2 games) are blown, I'm assuming they run at 1.9.. which again doesnt seem right to me but I cant seem to find a chart to tell me what they are rated at.. any help in general on this is appreciated, thanks!

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from PhotonRabbit:

Hoping someone knows what I'm supposed to be getting for resistance in the j22-500 coils in a chicago coin back box, most that I'm testing in 2 different games(bronco and Olympics) are reading at below 2ohms. Which in my mind makes sense that they are blown, as they are not pushing the plunger on the step up unit properly, even after dissembling the units and cleaning thoroughly and reassembling. But unless every j22-500 coil I have tested(8 between the 2 games) are blown, I'm assuming they run at 1.9.. which again doesnt seem right to me but I cant seem to find a chart to tell me what they are rated at.. any help in general on this is appreciated, thanks!

Around 2 ohms sounds right for a 22/500 coil.
Did the coil sleeve come out easily when you serviced the units?
Maybe you have an electrical issue if the units are moving freely.

#3 3 years ago

Now that you have it cleaned, check the operation by actuating manually. If that works then maybe it’s not getting the right input from the rest of the circuit?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-coils and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.