0-90 P1 loose wire 3 (resized).jpg
FE34558D-1A36-4092-B011-8679C0380C7E (resized).jpeg
A432B1AA-A14E-4217-8F1E-A44ACC3D50C9 (resized).jpeg
6DD3B800-5B6D-42DE-A50E-7719344CD691 (resized).jpeg
20220901_091349 (resized).jpg
20220901_091336 (resized).jpg
20220901_090555 (resized).jpg
20220901_090527 (resized).jpg

There are 916 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 19.
#901 9 days ago
Quoted from aahgo:

Hey! Glad it worked out for you. That playfield looks really nice!

Yes, Thanks, and you alerted me in time. It was in Chicago. A few weeks after
someone I know was going to Chicago with his closed trailer. I helped him
with a couple things on his ball bowler, he helped with the trading exchange..
The timing was perfect..

#902 8 days ago
Quoted from Mopar:

A Big Thanks to aahgo which last month gave me the lead to do a
trading deal, and today I brought this baby home, with the bonus
being, it's the Add-a-Ball version. Thanks aahgo! It's one of 2 or 3
on my wanted list..
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on finding one! I’ve considered a couple times offering mine as a trade on some of the games you’ve posted although it’s not an add-a-ball. But it would be such a tough game to let go of. It’s such a unique game with lots of art appeal. Yours appears to be in great shape!

#903 8 days ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

Congrats on finding one! I’ve considered a couple times offering mine as a trade on some of the games you’ve posted although it’s not an add-a-ball. But it would be such a tough game to let go of.

Thanks! I haven't played a Hula Hula yet, but I heard good things
and expect it wouldn't be an easy one to let go..
What machines of mine did you have some interest in?

#904 7 days ago

Thought I would share this here, I know most folks are in the states. A 1963 Bronco on offer in London. in good condition but way too expensive

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115610539726

about the equiv of $1150 - OUCH

#905 5 days ago

Here is a photo of a Sun Valley at the Cleveland Pinball show (found on the net) without a credit window. Maybe the same game you are looking at?
Very likely CC made some games that could be sold and operated in the areas that did not allow free play, though Sun Valley may be just a "novelty" version that was not an add-a-ball. If you get the game please tell us if it has a way to earn extra balls.
The Sun Valley I am currently restoring is a replay model.

Sun Valley at at Cleveland pinball show (resized).JPG
#906 5 days ago

I am working on a CCM 1972 Coin Door. The door is black. I see some games online with Black doors and the Majority with what looks to be a Gun Metal finish.

I am assuming someone has painted it - or did some come off the line black? As you can see it's got "some" rust, both surface and under the paint on the RHS where i assume its not been dealt with correctly. Im planning on sandblasting it then starting from scratch. Question being to what. Think i prefer the metallic finish - what finish would be inline with their original state?

Any advice on conserving the Decal would be wonderful - was going to mask it as i assume removal would damage it.

Looking for plastic coin slots. i see Marco has them but not the right size also the credit button which was Red but as you will see has faded back to white- anyone know where these can be sourced.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_1573 (resized).jpgIMG_1574 (resized).jpegIMG_1576 (resized).jpg
#907 5 days ago

You can get a replacement sticker. I’d try to remove it with some heat and a scraper.

https://www.stl-bb.com/shop/chicago-coin-box-sticker/

Entry plate: https://www.siegecraft.us/presta/index.php?id_product=78&controller=product&id_lang=1

#908 5 days ago

The paint on the door under the coin plate is most likely the original color. It looks like someone didn’t bother to remove it when they painted it black.

#909 5 days ago
Quoted from kamack:

I am working on a CCM 1972 Coin Door. The door is black. I see some games online with Black doors and the Majority with what looks to be a Gun Metal finish.
I am assuming someone has painted it - or did some come off the line black? As you can see it's got "some" rust, both surface and under the paint on the RHS where i assume its not been dealt with correctly. Im planning on sandblasting it then starting from scratch. Question being to what. Think i prefer the metallic finish - what finish would be inline with their original state?
Any advice on conserving the Decal would be wonderful - was going to mask it as i assume removal would damage it.
Looking for plastic coin slots. i see Marco has them but not the right size also the credit button which was Red but as you will see has faded back to white- anyone know where these can be sourced.
Thanks in advance.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

All mine have been a gunmetal/silverish color. Not black.

#910 5 days ago
Quoted from wawhite92025:

Here is a photo of a Sun Valley at the Cleveland Pinball show (found on the net) without a credit window. Maybe the same game you are looking at?

It seems Chicago Coin made a few 2 Player Add-a-Ball version machines,
Hula Hula, Bronco, Fireball, Mustang, Playtime, and others.
It wouldn't surprise me if maybe Sun Valley also, however, I don't think
I'll be able to verify that. It's looking like the one I was working on is just
a scammer, but it draw my attention seeing it didn't have a replay window.
I have a quick question. I'll shoot you a pm..

#911 5 days ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Thanks! I haven't played a Hula Hula yet, but I heard good things
and expect it wouldn't be an easy one to let go..
What machines of mine did you have some interest in?

Coincidentally, both Chicago Coins! Your early 50s CC shuffle alley…I’d like to find a nice original one. I’ve been trying to figure out how to make one fit in the game room. And your Bronco. I’m a sucker for anything western themed.

I think you’ll find the Hula Hula to be quite unique with great gameplay. Seems to me like the CC engineers pulled out all the stops on this one.

Always fun to see your latest projects/pickups.

#912 4 days ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

Seems to me like the CC engineers pulled out all the stops on this one.

I think CCoin designers were trying hard in the 60s, but by the time the 70s rolled around, it was pretty much rinse and repeat type of designs.
OR making choices that were not very good.

#913 4 days ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

And your Bronco. I’m a sucker for anything western themed.

Earlier this month I got in the repro backglss for the other Bronco
(which is also the Add-a-Ball version), so this one that I already went
through I'll be letting go..
I've been busy on a couple of bowlers, but today I did set up the
Hula Hula which was previously gone through, but it has a couple of
issues, so I'll be working on that this week.
I have the Gottlieb 2 Players all together, but maybe I'll be breaking
that up a little bit. The Hula Hula would look nice next to Pleasure Isle.
I have a Paradise also, but the room I have is once again limited to
have all three swinging the hips..

#914 4 days ago

Thanks for this

#915 2 days ago

Hey CC fans,

Somehow I have never commented on the fact that it would seem Fire Cracker is pretty rare, there being only four, count 'em, four listed in Pinsiders' collections.

One of whom is me! (I'm not posting a pic at this time because I still haven't done anything about the bad cabinet repaint it got before I acquired it, complete with a bunch of shiny paper star stickers on the head all around the backglass.)

Maybe I'm overthinking it, since no one complained when I took it to MGC years ago. Several people thanked me for bringing it to play. But still, I'm sure those star stickers got a few snickers when I wasn't around!

So, as for the rarity, it might seem pretty coincidental that I know of another Fire Cracker nearby, only 10 miles away in Oshkosh!

But it only seems that way, since I sought mine out after playing the other one. (Hey, it was only seven years ago! I'll get around to repainting it!)

Also, WTF is that video at the bottom of Pinside's Fire Cracker page? Am I to infer that chicks dig this game? https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/fire-cracker

I also have a CC big ball bowler, Corvette. Needs all the steppers cleaned, so I have been putting that project off big time. But it was "free."

#916 2 days ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Somehow I have never commented on the fact that it would seem Fire Cracker is pretty rare,

It seems Fire Crackers may be fairly rare, but being in Wi., might yours be the
Add-a-Ball version. If so, I'd say very rare. How about the one 10 miles away,
would you happen to know about that one? All Chicago Coin 2 Player Add-a-Balls
seem to be very rare.
I wouldn't mind seeing pics. Does it have the Score/Instruction Cards?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Goodrich, MI
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
1,350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Deland, FL
There are 916 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!