20201121_173912 (resized).jpg
20201108_114248 (resized).jpg
20201108_114300 (resized).jpg
20201111_182858 (resized).jpg
20201111_190630 (resized).jpg
20201104_180055 (resized).jpg
20201111_182905 (resized).jpg
20201117_181904 (resized).jpg

There are 728 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.
#651 11 months ago

Mopar A few of those things I've cleaned/replaced over the years.
The switches in the outhole and ball index relay have been cleaned up and adjusted.
The Ball Index Relay also got a new coil last year. Since it's right up front I've been able to watch it close when the ball rolls over that shooter lane switch and it energizes every time.
For a while I thought it was the ball index because if I put a piece of tape on the shooter lane rollover switch to hold it closed during play the ball count works every time. Makes me think the ball index is releasing too early, but I don't think it's a problem with the relay itself. Not sure.
I looked at D3 and B2 a while back, but these are cleaned and adjusted and seem to work as intended. D3 also tends to make a visible spark when it closes.
I'm going to go back and check two of the things you mentioned more thoroughly; the 100-900 relay and the Extra Ball Relay. I just took a look at the extra ball relay it and it's still a little cruddy. I'll clean it again and might replace that coil too. Thanks a ton bud and enjoy the holiday weekend.

#652 11 months ago

1966 Chicago Coin Kicker in nice shape, looking to sell it for . Game is 100% functional, has new rubbers, and LEDs. It is setup for free play. Please PM me for details, I plan to list it in the next couple of days, but wanted to give people in this forum a first look. $700 OBO. Thanks!

_31_FrontView (resized).jpg_32_FrontView (resized).jpg_40_Playfield (resized).jpg_42_Inside (resized).jpg_43_Inside (resized).jpg

#653 11 months ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

I’m looking for a replacement goalie on a 1969 Chicago Coin Slap Shot head-to-head. Anyone got one laying around?
[quoted image][quoted image]

John if you don’t find one PM me. I may have one.

3 weeks later
#654 10 months ago

Has anyone had any luck matching paints on Chicago coins? I have a hi-score pool that I’ve been trying to match the gold/yellow on for 2 weeks. Tough color I guess but I see it in a lot of playfields in this thread. Curious if anyone’s had success and what paint they are using.

2836CB0C-10A7-4AA3-9641-A6535FE2432A (resized).jpeg
#655 10 months ago

I have mixed colors for many machines including at least 2 CC machines.
I use all kinds of paint. I have even mixed rattle can paints in a plastic cup to get a touch up color i need.
Are you looking to touch that up or repaint that entire area?

#656 10 months ago

I love my Chicago coin top ten but sadly it’s been down for two months. It won’t recycle a new game when you hit the start button and won’t kick out a ball. If any one has any suggestions by looking at the schematic I’d love to hear suggestions!

https://images.pinside.com/f/11/b5/f11b5fb1e63f1b7998e72535a1b7bad9d162ef9c.pdf

#657 10 months ago

Are the score reels all at zero?

#658 10 months ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Are the score reels all at zero?

Yes they are.

#659 10 months ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

It won’t recycle a new game when you hit the start button

When you hit the Start Button, does the Coin Relay energize? If not, if you manually activate the
Coin Relay, does the Start Relay energize and start a game?

#660 10 months ago

Try advancing a score reel manually and see if it returns to zero and starts a game.

I sold a Sound Stage that worked fine. Buyer brought it home and played it. He started a game, tilted it and the shut it off.
It did the same thing : lit up but would not start a game. I advanced the score reel to re- intiate start sequence and it worked fine.

#661 10 months ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

I have mixed colors for many machines including at least 2 CC machines.
I use all kinds of paint. I have even mixed rattle can paints in a plastic cup to get a touch up color i need.
Are you looking to touch that up or repaint that entire area?

I’ve been using Americana acrylics. I’ll get the exact colors in the morning that I am mixing. I am thinking about spraying the entire board Now though because I’ve been unsuccessful filling. What’s happening with the acrylics is when I get a close match, I am trying to wipe off everything but the scratches and it always leaves a residue. I can’t get enough of the remaining paint off and it dries too dark. Definitely not trying for perfection here.

I haven’t tried rattle cans yet. Maybe I’ll run over to Home Depot tomorrow and take a look at what colors they have.

The color is probably something that was popular 50 years ago, but today you see it nowhere.

#662 10 months ago
Quoted from Mopar:

When you hit the Start Button, does the Coin Relay energize? If not, if you manually activate the
Coin Relay, does the Start Relay energize and start a game?

When I push the start button nothing happens. How do you manually activate the coin relay?

Also the games right now at zero.

#663 10 months ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

How do you manually activate the coin relay?

Under the playfield on the bottom board, should be the Coin Relay. Hopefully the labels are
still there. If you push that relay in with your finger, is what I meant by manually activate.
You may get lucky and have a quick fix by stepping up the credit unit that's inside the head.
You'll want to push in (a few times) the larger coil plunder of the two. This will make contacts
touch which will complete the circuit to the start button. Because it worked fine for so long,
you wouldn't think that that's the problem, but worth a try..

#664 10 months ago

Anyone looking for a Backglass? There's one posted on CL ventura.craigslist.org link

Not mine and no idea as to the seller but figured would share!

#665 10 months ago

GNRWARKFC:i have sprayed rattle cans into a plastic cup and mixed the to get the color i am looking for. Its hit or miss. Its also more pricey than americana at 4 to 5 bucks a can. If you are touching up ,then buy the headset magnifiers and ONLY brush into the cracks. Rattle can paint dries fast and hard. If you get the paint outside the valley, it is more noticable if your mix is not exact.
If you go for the total spray of area you can be less fussy on matching color since 2 same games side by side will no longer have the same colors or look like they did when they were new.
Buy a roll of low tack frisket from blick and cut out the shapes you want to mask with an exacto knife.

#666 10 months ago

Sky Rider - to wax or not to wax . . .

A recent visit to Pep Boys (headlights out, and you need to field strip the front end of the Chevy Mailbu to replace 'em) resulted in buying a bottle of Mother's carnauba wax, need to schedule a wax / cleaning night. No question about my Duotron and Domino - wood playfields that need some protection. But Sky Rider seems to have some sort of clear coating on the playfield (which other than some sketchy inserts is gorgeous) and wondering if it might have been coated or something (from the factory or aftewwards) in a way that wax is either not needed or not advised.

Or just wax away, can't hurt?

#667 10 months ago

I joined the Chicago Coin Club last fall when I picked up a rough 1940 Sports Parade. I'm finally digging into it now. Wish me luck.
Here's the restoration thread I started today: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sport-parade-restoration#post-5724079
20200610_191426 (1) (resized).jpg

#668 10 months ago

Hm, start by adding an "s" to "Sport Parade"?

Sorry, believe me it's a curse to always notice these things.

Your game looks pretty good to start with, should be beautiful when finished!

#669 10 months ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Hm, start by adding an "s" to "Sport Parade"?
Sorry, believe me it's a curse to always notice these things.
Your game looks pretty good to start with, should be beautiful when finished!

I pointed out that extra "s" to the Pinside admin but they couldn't remove it. For comparison, IPDB included the hyphen in their listing. I haven't seen it spelled with the hyphen anywhere except the backglass. The game got a full page in R. Bueschel's Pinball 1 (p.194). Anyone have a schematic for this game? Nothing at IPDB or PBR.

2 months later
#670 8 months ago

Have a shot in the dark and could use some Chicago Coin guru expert advice. Anyone know where I could find a schematic for a 1930s CC machine— in particular a 1939 CC Nippy?

Thanks in advance.

#671 8 months ago

What a small world, especially in Idaho. I just picked up a 1939 CC Nippy today. Excellent condition, not working but complete. Looking for a schematic and any info anyone wants to share.

#672 8 months ago

Located in Boise

#673 8 months ago
Quoted from ourdave76:

What a small world, especially in Idaho. I just picked up a 1939 CC Nippy today. Excellent condition, not working but complete. Looking for a schematic and any info anyone wants to share.

Same machine— glad it went to a Pinsider! I had been in touch with the seller but am in N Idaho so wasn’t able to get there. Just doing some background research in case I picked up that same machine. Enjoy—look forward to seeing what you do with it if you decide to post about that.

#674 8 months ago

I was wondering how two of those survived in idaho.

#675 8 months ago

It may be a long shot but google jeff wager in andover massachusetts. I have got some odd schematics from him but nothing that old.

#676 8 months ago

Sent an email to Jeff Wager: jeffwager@mediaone.net it came back undeliverable. Do you have another address that might work?

1 week later
#678 8 months ago

Hi gang, glad to join the club. I inherited a Red Baron. I’ve got it working good now, except when it gets to game over, the game over lights in the backglass don’t light. I checked the game over relay, but the contact for the light doesn’t seem to be there. Any ideas? I appreciate the help!!

#679 8 months ago

Here's a CC project in case anyone is interested ........

Archived after 42 days
Not sold
Machine - For Sale
Top Ten Archived
As is “1975 Chicago coin Top Ten pinball project. I bought this several years ago with the intent to restore it, but have too many projects & not enough room. This is electro-mechanic...”
2020-09-19
Salem, OR
250 (OBO)

1 month later
#680 6 months ago

Anywhere to get a back glass for a Red Baron?
Thanks for any suggestions.

#681 6 months ago

I just picked up a Bronco. I checked for the schematic on IPDB with no luck. Google search also comes back empty. Does anyone on this forum have an electronic copy of the schematic and/or manual they could share?

Thanks

#682 6 months ago

A snippet of cool games from the great CC. Lockdown decisions to make, next project, either Twin Skeet Shoot or Turf Club?

P1090376 (resized).JPGP1090378 (resized).JPGP1090384 (resized).JPGP1090385 (resized).JPG
#683 6 months ago

Thought you'd like this pic, circa 1983.

20201109_154804 (resized).jpg

#684 6 months ago

Is that the actual plant?

#685 6 months ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Is that the actual plant?

The camera lens is facing West. The plant, at 1725 West Diversey Parkway is a block behind me. To put it in perspective, the massive Stewart-Warner plant, which you can see one of its' towers on the right, was located at 826-1852 West Diversey. It was demolished in 1993-1994.

I have yet to find the pics I took of the Chicago Coin Machine Division of Dynamic Industries plant. When I do, I will be sure to post them.

Added 184 days ago:

To Clarify, the Stewart-Warner address was 1826-1852 West Diversey Parkway...

#686 6 months ago

Hello. I bought a jukebox machine today, Not my first CC but the first one I liked playing enough to keep. Seller told me game had been "converted to single player" I thought yeah ok its polly a player unit stepper issue..ez fix. Played a single player game on it it played fine so I paid the man $300 and loaded it up. Got it home and took a closer look at the score reels and well I've never seen any score reels like these apparrantly the other Chicago Coin games I had were older. These have card Edge connectors and most of them had been removed and wires had been soldered on to the circuit board above the wipers. What a mess. Not sure where to begin...

20201111_200948 (resized).jpg20201111_201025 (resized).jpg20201111_201041 (resized).jpg20201111_201231 (resized).jpg

#687 6 months ago

Those had "edge" plugs. They were iffy just like the ones on a gottlieb.
Usually the wipers didnt make that well. Then they would be over tightened.
The connector issues made them flakey.
Since yours are soldered directly to the boards
, i would leave them for now. At least you have a good connection. Work on all the other issues first. Just confirm the wires are soldered in the right place.

#688 6 months ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Thought you'd like this pic, circa 1983.
[quoted image]

When I build my model railroad I will incorporate that bridge somewhere.

#689 6 months ago

I noticed you said something about a model railroad. I went on a service call to a house and they had a complete basement full model railroad that was amazing it blew me away it was a replica of the town they grew up in the husband had passed away it was just sitting in the basement. Here is a link to a 10 second video of the set located in Carmel In. https://www.facebook.com/groups/indypinball/permalink/1006282236538840/

#690 6 months ago

Update on my jukebox I recently acquired. The previous owner had clipped the wires to the coin unit and player unit I reconnected them and to my surprise the game works as a 4-player game even with the wire soldered directly on the edge connectors! I was very pleased that it now plays a 4-player game and scores correctly. It's a really fun game I love it. The only thing left to fix is the 100-point relay coil D 27 - 1000. At one time I'm guessing the pop bumper stuck (one of the skirts sits lower, almost flush to the pf not sure why) and burned the coil up. Other than eBay I am not able to find a d-27 1000 coil. Marcos and action pinball have a k-27 1000 in stock. Can I substitute the K for the D coil? Will it work?

#691 6 months ago
Quoted from Heaterguy:

Update on my jukebox I recently acquired. The previous owner had clipped the wires to the coin unit and player unit I reconnected them and to my surprise the game works as a 4-player game even with the wire soldered directly on the edge connectors! I was very pleased that it now plays a 4-player game and scores correctly. It's a really fun game I love it. The only thing left to fix is the 100-point relay coil D 27 - 1000. At one time I'm guessing the pop bumper stuck (one of the skirts sits lower, almost flush to the pf not sure why) and burned the coil up. Other than eBay I am not able to find a d-27 1000 coil. Marcos and action pinball have a k-27 1000 in stock. Can I substitute the K for the D coil? Will it work?

While I don't know the difference in the coils - I'm guessing it is how the terminals are situated. The size and number of turns should be the same.

#692 6 months ago

If you cant find a coil, i buy CC parts from a guy in NJ. Shoot me a pm and i will give you his contact info.

#693 6 months ago

Ordered the k coil...we shall see.
On another note I recently picked up a Chicago Coin 1964 Criss Cross Pop Up. I rebuilt the score motor cam set screw that was stripped and cracked with epoxy, cleaned and adjusted all the score motor switches, steppers, score reels ect...got the machine running however it blows a low line fuse as soon as it is plugged in. It appears to be wired through a on off switch on the back of the head, the switch on the back does not work. I'm getting ready to try to trace that circuit out but does anyone know what the low line fuse is for? I do not have a schematic

20201104_180055 (resized).jpg

20201108_114248 (resized).jpg20201108_114300 (resized).jpg20201111_182858 (resized).jpg20201111_182905 (resized).jpg20201111_190630 (resized).jpg20201117_181904 (resized).jpg
#694 6 months ago

Install only ONE: Line fuse OR Low line fuse. If both are installed, one will blow. Use regular Line Fuse in the Unig of Indianapolis.

#695 6 months ago

I suspect it has something to do with change of seasons (my basement gets pretty cold / dry this time of year) but Sky Rider is acting up a bit - the player count / ball count is a hot mess, one of the Player 2 score reels is not resetting, and one of the Player 3 score reels is sticky / slow. Have not had a single problem since I picked it up, but it's sat idle for a while.

I've done most of my troubleshooting / problem solving on Gottlieb games (Duotron / Domino), so I guess its time to get to know a CC game a bit better.

Although a good first step might be to crank the heat up a bit, play the game a bit, and see if the problems clear on their own.....

#696 6 months ago
Quoted from Heaterguy:

(snip)got the machine running however it blows a low line fuse as soon as it is plugged in. It appears to be wired through a on off switch on the back of the head, the switch on the back does not work. I'm getting ready to try to trace that circuit out but does anyone know what the low line fuse is for? I do not have a schematic

Quoted from MrBally:

Install only ONE: Line fuse OR Low line fuse. If both are installed, one will blow. Use regular Line Fuse in the Unig of Indianapolis.

I agree with MrBally - The transformer has 2 input windings - one for normal voltage and one for areas or buildings that had low voltage. Since low voltage is pretty rare now days in the US - cut and insulate the wires going to the low line fuse holder and use the normal or "line voltage" fuse section.

#697 6 months ago
Quoted from MrBally:

This is Great info Thanks guys!

#698 5 months ago

Hi guys well I've sorted through lots of issues on jukebox and I'm happy to report got most of them fixed however the spinner is not scoring I have narrowed it down to a bad photocell ice cube relay (it was missing the cover)although all relays test good on the tester, as it pulses it does not pull the Spinners score relay contacts enough to score the hundred point or thousand Point relay. I swapped the change relay with the photocell relay and it works. D relay also is not working correctly. I found them (used sigmas) on ebay 25 bucks apiece. Is there another brand ice cube that will fit the socket? Has anyone had luck finding them anywhere?

20201121_173912 (resized).jpg
#699 5 months ago

I just listed a project Bronco. Playfield and cabinet are in really good shape.

Archived after 12 days
Sold (amount private)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Bronco Archived
As is “I'm selling a project Bronco. This is a Chicago Coin two-player EM from 1963. The playfield is in very good shape. The playfield in the "corral" area has no wear. Plastics are all ...”
2020-11-21
Merrimack, NH
350 (OBO)

#700 5 months ago

Did you google the part number on those relays?
They dont have to be chicago coin relays.
Did you look at grainger?

There are 728 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside