Topic Stats

• 669 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by balt
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 321 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200610_191426 (1) (resized).jpg
2836CB0C-10A7-4AA3-9641-A6535FE2432A (resized).jpeg
_43_Inside (resized).jpg
_42_Inside (resized).jpg
_40_Playfield (resized).jpg
_32_FrontView (resized).jpg
_31_FrontView (resized).jpg
IMG_0179 (resized).JPG
IMG_9179 (resized).jpg
IMG_9177 (resized).jpg
IMG_0178 (resized).JPG
IMG_0177 (resized).JPG
IMG_5300 (resized).JPG
Ball 2 position (resized).jpg
Diagram (resized).jpg
9215A340-FFA2-46A3-8288-A2B9B968440F (resized).jpeg

There are 669 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.
#651 41 days ago

mopar A few of those things I've cleaned/replaced over the years.
The switches in the outhole and ball index relay have been cleaned up and adjusted.
The Ball Index Relay also got a new coil last year. Since it's right up front I've been able to watch it close when the ball rolls over that shooter lane switch and it energizes every time.
For a while I thought it was the ball index because if I put a piece of tape on the shooter lane rollover switch to hold it closed during play the ball count works every time. Makes me think the ball index is releasing too early, but I don't think it's a problem with the relay itself. Not sure.
I looked at D3 and B2 a while back, but these are cleaned and adjusted and seem to work as intended. D3 also tends to make a visible spark when it closes.
I'm going to go back and check two of the things you mentioned more thoroughly; the 100-900 relay and the Extra Ball Relay. I just took a look at the extra ball relay it and it's still a little cruddy. I'll clean it again and might replace that coil too. Thanks a ton bud and enjoy the holiday weekend.

#652 35 days ago

1966 Chicago Coin Kicker in nice shape, looking to sell it for . Game is 100% functional, has new rubbers, and LEDs. It is setup for free play. Please PM me for details, I plan to list it in the next couple of days, but wanted to give people in this forum a first look. $700 OBO. Thanks!

_31_FrontView (resized).jpg_32_FrontView (resized).jpg_40_Playfield (resized).jpg_42_Inside (resized).jpg_43_Inside (resized).jpg

#653 34 days ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

I’m looking for a replacement goalie on a 1969 Chicago Coin Slap Shot head-to-head. Anyone got one laying around?
[quoted image][quoted image]

John if you don’t find one PM me. I may have one.

3 weeks later
#654 7 days ago

Has anyone had any luck matching paints on Chicago coins? I have a hi-score pool that I’ve been trying to match the gold/yellow on for 2 weeks. Tough color I guess but I see it in a lot of playfields in this thread. Curious if anyone’s had success and what paint they are using.

2836CB0C-10A7-4AA3-9641-A6535FE2432A (resized).jpeg
#655 6 days ago

I have mixed colors for many machines including at least 2 CC machines.
I use all kinds of paint. I have even mixed rattle can paints in a plastic cup to get a touch up color i need.
Are you looking to touch that up or repaint that entire area?

#656 6 days ago

I love my Chicago coin top ten but sadly it’s been down for two months. It won’t recycle a new game when you hit the start button and won’t kick out a ball. If any one has any suggestions by looking at the schematic I’d love to hear suggestions!

https://images.pinside.com/f/11/b5/f11b5fb1e63f1b7998e72535a1b7bad9d162ef9c.pdf

#657 6 days ago

Are the score reels all at zero?

#658 6 days ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Are the score reels all at zero?

Yes they are.

#659 6 days ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

It won’t recycle a new game when you hit the start button

When you hit the Start Button, does the Coin Relay energize? If not, if you manually activate the
Coin Relay, does the Start Relay energize and start a game?

#660 6 days ago

Try advancing a score reel manually and see if it returns to zero and starts a game.

I sold a Sound Stage that worked fine. Buyer brought it home and played it. He started a game, tilted it and the shut it off.
It did the same thing : lit up but would not start a game. I advanced the score reel to re- intiate start sequence and it worked fine.

#661 6 days ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

I have mixed colors for many machines including at least 2 CC machines.
I use all kinds of paint. I have even mixed rattle can paints in a plastic cup to get a touch up color i need.
Are you looking to touch that up or repaint that entire area?

I’ve been using Americana acrylics. I’ll get the exact colors in the morning that I am mixing. I am thinking about spraying the entire board Now though because I’ve been unsuccessful filling. What’s happening with the acrylics is when I get a close match, I am trying to wipe off everything but the scratches and it always leaves a residue. I can’t get enough of the remaining paint off and it dries too dark. Definitely not trying for perfection here.

I haven’t tried rattle cans yet. Maybe I’ll run over to Home Depot tomorrow and take a look at what colors they have.

The color is probably something that was popular 50 years ago, but today you see it nowhere.

#662 5 days ago
Quoted from Mopar:

When you hit the Start Button, does the Coin Relay energize? If not, if you manually activate the
Coin Relay, does the Start Relay energize and start a game?

When I push the start button nothing happens. How do you manually activate the coin relay?

Also the games right now at zero.

#663 5 days ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

How do you manually activate the coin relay?

Under the playfield on the bottom board, should be the Coin Relay. Hopefully the labels are
still there. If you push that relay in with your finger, is what I meant by manually activate.
You may get lucky and have a quick fix by stepping up the credit unit that's inside the head.
You'll want to push in (a few times) the larger coil plunder of the two. This will make contacts
touch which will complete the circuit to the start button. Because it worked fine for so long,
you wouldn't think that that's the problem, but worth a try..

#664 5 days ago

Anyone looking for a Backglass? There's one posted on CL ventura.craigslist.org link

Not mine and no idea as to the seller but figured would share!

#665 5 days ago

GNRWARKFC:i have sprayed rattle cans into a plastic cup and mixed the to get the color i am looking for. Its hit or miss. Its also more pricey than americana at 4 to 5 bucks a can. If you are touching up ,then buy the headset magnifiers and ONLY brush into the cracks. Rattle can paint dries fast and hard. If you get the paint outside the valley, it is more noticable if your mix is not exact.
If you go for the total spray of area you can be less fussy on matching color since 2 same games side by side will no longer have the same colors or look like they did when they were new.
Buy a roll of low tack frisket from blick and cut out the shapes you want to mask with an exacto knife.

#666 4 days ago

Sky Rider - to wax or not to wax . . .

A recent visit to Pep Boys (headlights out, and you need to field strip the front end of the Chevy Mailbu to replace 'em) resulted in buying a bottle of Mother's carnauba wax, need to schedule a wax / cleaning night. No question about my Duotron and Domino - wood playfields that need some protection. But Sky Rider seems to have some sort of clear coating on the playfield (which other than some sketchy inserts is gorgeous) and wondering if it might have been coated or something (from the factory or aftewwards) in a way that wax is either not needed or not advised.

Or just wax away, can't hurt?

#667 4 days ago

I joined the Chicago Coin Club last fall when I picked up a rough 1940 Sports Parade. I'm finally digging into it now. Wish me luck.
Here's the restoration thread I started today: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sport-parade-restoration#post-5724079
20200610_191426 (1) (resized).jpg

#668 4 days ago

Hm, start by adding an "s" to "Sport Parade"?

Sorry, believe me it's a curse to always notice these things.

Your game looks pretty good to start with, should be beautiful when finished!

#669 4 days ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Hm, start by adding an "s" to "Sport Parade"?
Sorry, believe me it's a curse to always notice these things.
Your game looks pretty good to start with, should be beautiful when finished!

I pointed out that extra "s" to the Pinside admin but they couldn't remove it. For comparison, IPDB included the hyphen in their listing. I haven't seen it spelled with the hyphen anywhere except the backglass. The game got a full page in R. Bueschel's Pinball 1 (p.194). Anyone have a schematic for this game? Nothing at IPDB or PBR.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe, MI
1,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Bend , WI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Massapequa, NY
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
$ 254.99
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 45.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 669 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside