You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCC EB.JPG
CCC E.B. & S.JPG
CCC BC.JPG
CCC Adj jack.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdapolito.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

just got this chicago coin cinemaup and running it wouldnt reset ,cleaned a few scoring reels and got that fixed ,now the only problem is that on player 3,the 100's dont score ,if the hundred point bumper is hit not score,i hear the hundred relay switch ,but no reaction on the score reel,and when i mannually hit the 10's switch when it rolls over 9 to 0 the 100's switch is engaged but no reaction on the 100's score reel ,i cleaned it well cleaned the selenoid no difference ,not sure if this matters but i switched the scorer reels ,i put the player one plug that slides onto the pc board with the wiper finger assembly on the 100's score reel from player three and the plug from the player 3 ,100's score reel on the player one 100's score reel.so now the player 3 scores 100's ,its using the player one reel,and the player one 100's does not work,its using the player 3 reel,
Does this mean the selenoid on the player three 100's score reel bad?
One other thing on this game when the red special lite is lit on the outlanes (that drain the ball) the bonus points dont score ,i can here the 1000's switch on clicking off the points but they dont register on the score reels,this happens on all players one thru four

#4 9 years ago

ok thanks for the help .looked at the player control unit first and found a loose wire ,resoldered it and the 100's reel works now on player three.the bonus was working fine too ,the player control unit board looked kind of greasy so i wiped it off and used a lite sandpaper under the wiper fingers ,now the bonus when the special light is on doesnt work again ,think i messed up a contact somewhere ,and my 100's score reel on player one is sticky the selenoid is kicking but the reel isnt turning well so i think i'll clean it up tomorrow and try to clean the player control unit a little better and make sure all the fingers are making good contact ,looks like this unit controls the bonus too from what you sent me and the sequence of events .right?
so anyway got the 100's working well on player three now thanks,if i'm off track please let me know thanks

#6 9 years ago

the extra ball works the special lite does not work ill look but i think its disconnected as the selenoid that should count down a credit or add one on the credit wheel has been removed. but i will check this out
the thing is that when the special lite is lit in the outlane is lit the bonus points do not register on the score reels ,they did after i fixed the 100's reel for player three ,but then i decided to clean the player control unit and then they didnt register again ,ill take a look at it again tomorrow after work and get back to you
thanks

#7 9 years ago

i mean the red special lite does lite up when it should
but it doesn't seem to do anything when a ball goes down the lane .
get basck to you tomorrow thanks

#9 9 years ago

Ok I'll check it out tonite after work and get back to you I really appreciate all the help

#10 9 years ago

ok heres where i am ,checked the plugs they are ok
checked the b3 looks good cleaned and good contact
got the double bonus light to work properly and score properly
extra ball works ,
but if the extra light is activated (lit) and the double bonus is activated,the game lights the bonus lights appropriately while the ball is in play ,but when the ball drains,the game counts down the bonuses ,the lights go out as this is happening correctly ,the 1000's switch in the backhead is clicking away correctly ,but the score reelsare not tallying up as the 1000's switch is firing .this only will happen if the extra light in the out lanes are on ,and they do come on at the right time (when activated by the proper kick out hole.i had it all working the other day again ,then i put the glass on and the back cover on and wouldn't you know it ,it started acting up again
double bonus will tally properly when the extra light is not activated

1 week later
#13 9 years ago

ok looked at the game again the problem only occurs for player one ,that is when the extra light is on and the ball drains the bonus unit counts down the bonuses but no bonuses tally
i thought the 1000's switch was being activated but it is the bunus unit that is counting down the bonuses again this only occurs for player one ,also the bonuses tally fine for player one if the special light is not lit .
sorry for my misinformation the problem is only for player one
thanksfor the help again

#15 9 years ago

Thanks I'll check it out tonight and let you know

#16 9 years ago

Ok now it seems it does add the bonus at times I have to look at those switches again although they seem to be making too contact. Now though when the ball goes up the kicker ladder all scores well until it gets to the S it won't score the 500 hundred points the score motor turns the switches seem tools be making good contact.when the s is lit and the ball goes to the s hole .try saying that 5 times fast it does score the 5000 correctly and the 100 scores well everywhere else wonder if its a bad connection or wire in one of the wiring plugs in the back head.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdapolito.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-cinema-player-3-not-scoring-100s?tu=jdapolito and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.