Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Mopar
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210726_170728 (resized).jpg
    max steps (resized).jpg
    home (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mopar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from jdjdt1:

At end of 10th frame or extra fame if strike or spare in the 10th the game does not go to game over.

Okay, so lets say in the 10th frame you get a spare which gives you an extra shot.
    If your 3rd shot in the 10th is a strike, it then doesn't go to Game Over? You get an
    extra frame/shot?

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from jdjdt1:

after that extra shot it goes to game over

Okay, I'm thinking maybe the 10th Frame Unit's wiper board may be slightly off.
    In the 10th, if a spare is made, the 10th Frame light may register spare, but another
    10th Frame Unit's wiper blade that tells the machine what was made may be slightly touching
    another spot up telling the machine a strike was made and there's still two shots to give.
    Not saying that's surely it, but the machine would act the way it's acting if it was.
    I'd maybe inspect the 10th Frame Unit's wiper along with its board..

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from jdjdt1:

Looked over the 10th frame unit and seems to step up ok and resets ok.

Okay. Next I would check the contacts (and solder tabs) in the 1st Shot Relay, but maybe more importantly,
    the 2nd Shot Relay. And I believe your machine has a #2 2nd Shot Relay, and if so, I'm thinking the contacts in
    that Relay may be the most important to inspect..

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from jdjdt1:

Think I found issue with frame unit as rivet is missing/broke off.

Is one of the Frame Unit's wiper blades on that broken rivet when in the 10th Frame?
    If so, that could surely be the issue..
    The 10th Frame Unit Steps up through the Frame Unit when in the 10th Frame.
    When a machine I had in a Tavern lost a rivet, for a quick fix I de-soldered the
    wire, filed down the front of the rest of the broken rivet so it would pop out of the
    backside, then I put a rather short #4 bolt through the hole and used the nut on the
    backside to attach the wire. It remained successful, so I left it to this day..
    Oh yes. I would position then tighten the bolt so that the wiper rode with the length
    of the #4 head's groove..

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mopar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-bowler-help-needed?tu=mopar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.