Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Mopar
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210726_170728 (resized).jpg
    max steps (resized).jpg
    home (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdjdt1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Have a Chicago Coin Cadillac spare lite ball bowler that has been working fine for years and lately is giving an extra frame at end of game before 'game over'. Frames increment correctly including 10th frame. At end of 10th frame or extra fame if strike or spare in the 10th the game does not go to game over. So rather than going to game over I get one extra frame and then game over. Have not found anything obvious and trying to tack it down with schematic but no luck yet.
    Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks John

#3 2 years ago

Well do thanks. Not sure which unit that is as some labels are missing. Went thru all steppers when I got this game which was in storage a long time.

#5 2 years ago

Yes and after that extra shot it goes to game over

#7 2 years ago

Looked over the 10th frame unit and seems to step up ok and resets ok. Not sure on the wiper blade positions they have not been touched in years and game was working without issue. All the fingers appear to have good tension as well. It was not happening all the time so I did a bit more checking today going thru all the 10th frame combinations and listed them below in hope this may shed some light on issue.
    10th FRAME
    Open results in G.O. correctly
    Spare and count results in G.O. correctly
    Spare and Strike gives me 2 more balls and then G.O. wrong
    Strike and open results in G.O. correctly
    Strike and Spare gives me 2 more balls then G.O. wrong
    2 Strikes and open results in 2 more ball then G.O. wrong
    3 Strikes results in G.O. correctly

Attached a couple pics of the 10 frame unit. One in the home or start position and 2nd in max position.

home (resized).jpghome (resized).jpgmax steps (resized).jpgmax steps (resized).jpg
    #9 2 years ago

Thanks will look into it tomorrow afternoon

#10 2 years ago

Well 1st and 2nd shot relays and contacts look ok. Tried to clean them a bit but tough to get at them. Noticed I never see 11th frame relay pull in and when 10th is over frame unit may not step up and that's when I get 2 more tries
    The seq above for 10th on May not be same every time. I will have to try couple more times

Mopar

Thanks for your help on this one. Did not give up and went back to your original suggestion but this time took a closer look at 10th frame unit and frame unit. Think I found issue with frame unit as rivet is missing/broke off. See attached pic.
    Not sure how to fix/replace rivet so open to suggestions

Thanks again

20210726_170728 (resized).jpg20210726_170728 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdjdt1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-bowler-help-needed?tu=jdjdt1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.