Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Mopar
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210726_170728 (resized).jpg
    max steps (resized).jpg
    home (resized).jpg

#1 8 days ago

Have a Chicago Coin Cadillac spare lite ball bowler that has been working fine for years and lately is giving an extra frame at end of game before 'game over'. Frames increment correctly including 10th frame. At end of 10th frame or extra fame if strike or spare in the 10th the game does not go to game over. So rather than going to game over I get one extra frame and then game over. Have not found anything obvious and trying to tack it down with schematic but no luck yet.
    Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks John

#2 8 days ago

Because of the limited use of the extra shots unit, it might be sticking. Check manually advancing and subtracting the unit to check for sticking. Clean wiper board if possible and check finger tension to board.

#3 7 days ago

Well do thanks. Not sure which unit that is as some labels are missing. Went thru all steppers when I got this game which was in storage a long time.

#4 7 days ago
    Quoted from jdjdt1:

At end of 10th frame or extra fame if strike or spare in the 10th the game does not go to game over.

Okay, so lets say in the 10th frame you get a spare which gives you an extra shot.
    If your 3rd shot in the 10th is a strike, it then doesn't go to Game Over? You get an
    extra frame/shot?

#5 7 days ago

Yes and after that extra shot it goes to game over

#6 7 days ago
    Quoted from jdjdt1:

after that extra shot it goes to game over

Okay, I'm thinking maybe the 10th Frame Unit's wiper board may be slightly off.
    In the 10th, if a spare is made, the 10th Frame light may register spare, but another
    10th Frame Unit's wiper blade that tells the machine what was made may be slightly touching
    another spot up telling the machine a strike was made and there's still two shots to give.
    Not saying that's surely it, but the machine would act the way it's acting if it was.
    I'd maybe inspect the 10th Frame Unit's wiper along with its board..

#7 7 days ago

Looked over the 10th frame unit and seems to step up ok and resets ok. Not sure on the wiper blade positions they have not been touched in years and game was working without issue. All the fingers appear to have good tension as well. It was not happening all the time so I did a bit more checking today going thru all the 10th frame combinations and listed them below in hope this may shed some light on issue.
    10th FRAME
    Open results in G.O. correctly
    Spare and count results in G.O. correctly
    Spare and Strike gives me 2 more balls and then G.O. wrong
    Strike and open results in G.O. correctly
    Strike and Spare gives me 2 more balls then G.O. wrong
    2 Strikes and open results in 2 more ball then G.O. wrong
    3 Strikes results in G.O. correctly

Attached a couple pics of the 10 frame unit. One in the home or start position and 2nd in max position.

home (resized).jpgmax steps (resized).jpg
    #8 6 days ago
    Quoted from jdjdt1:

Looked over the 10th frame unit and seems to step up ok and resets ok.

Okay. Next I would check the contacts (and solder tabs) in the 1st Shot Relay, but maybe more importantly,
    the 2nd Shot Relay. And I believe your machine has a #2 2nd Shot Relay, and if so, I'm thinking the contacts in
    that Relay may be the most important to inspect..

#9 6 days ago

Thanks will look into it tomorrow afternoon

#10 2 days ago

Well 1st and 2nd shot relays and contacts look ok. Tried to clean them a bit but tough to get at them. Noticed I never see 11th frame relay pull in and when 10th is over frame unit may not step up and that's when I get 2 more tries
    The seq above for 10th on May not be same every time. I will have to try couple more times

Mopar

Thanks for your help on this one. Did not give up and went back to your original suggestion but this time took a closer look at 10th frame unit and frame unit. Think I found issue with frame unit as rivet is missing/broke off. See attached pic.
    Not sure how to fix/replace rivet so open to suggestions

Thanks again

20210726_170728 (resized).jpg
    #11 2 days ago
    Quoted from jdjdt1:

Think I found issue with frame unit as rivet is missing/broke off.

Is one of the Frame Unit's wiper blades on that broken rivet when in the 10th Frame?
    If so, that could surely be the issue..
    The 10th Frame Unit Steps up through the Frame Unit when in the 10th Frame.
    When a machine I had in a Tavern lost a rivet, for a quick fix I de-soldered the
    wire, filed down the front of the rest of the broken rivet so it would pop out of the
    backside, then I put a rather short #4 bolt through the hole and used the nut on the
    backside to attach the wire. It remained successful, so I left it to this day..
    Oh yes. I would position then tighten the bolt so that the wiper rode with the length
    of the #4 head's groove..

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside