3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by VegasMike
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Rivet side (resized).jpg
    Rivet top (resized).jpg
    Pin Top dirty clean 2 (resized).jpg
    Pin Top dirty 5 (resized).jpg
    Pin top dirty 1.1 (resized).jpg
    Pin top dirty 1.01 (resized).jpg
    pin Hanger (resized).JPG
    Pin hanger 3 (resized).jpg
    Pin hanger 2 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Have started restoring a Chicago Coin Bowler

Is there a good way of cleaning all the pin hangers without pulling everything off the pin deck? Probably should have asked this earlier as I have already pulled off everything. Needed to give it all a good cleaning and to get to the hard to reach crevasses and clips. Took a bit more time than originally projected but pleased with the results.
    Would be good to know for the next one or if pulling everything off is the best way to clean this area.?

Upon pulling everything off have discovered that I was missing a few pieces. A local hardware store was able to provide much of what was missing, springs, cotter-pins, etc.. Could not find the right size rivets for the pin hangers without buying a 100 at a time, or drilling out the hanger to make a larger hole. So had to make a few of them, 4, using a 1/8 stainless steal tube and a center punch. The rusty nails that were put in for replacements just did not look good and restricted the pins to retract and operate correctly.

When i obtained the game up one of the pins were not attached. Discovered that it was missing of the little metal clips that holds it on. Can probably manipulate a scrap piece and get something to work, but figured was worth asking if anyone may have one of these? Possibly sitting on a parts machine. I have included a picture of the part needed. Please PM if you have one!!

Thanks for looking
    Lots of more work upcoming....

Pin top dirty 1.01 (resized).jpgPin top dirty 1.01 (resized).jpgPin top dirty 1.1 (resized).jpgPin top dirty 1.1 (resized).jpgPin Top dirty 5 (resized).jpgPin Top dirty 5 (resized).jpgPin Top dirty clean 2 (resized).jpgPin Top dirty clean 2 (resized).jpgRivet side (resized).jpgRivet side (resized).jpgRivet top (resized).jpgRivet top (resized).jpgpin Hanger (resized).JPGpin Hanger (resized).JPGPin hanger 2 (resized).jpgPin hanger 2 (resized).jpgPin hanger 3 (resized).jpgPin hanger 3 (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

Is there a good / reasonable priced replacement for the ball guide plastics strips?

They are for the ball return chute and on the sides of the alley.

TY

#3 3 years ago

https://www.stl-bb.com/

Although those are pieces you dont necessarily need. The balls roll back fine without the plastics on mine, just a bit loud.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-bowler-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.