• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Mrjamma
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi everyone,

Got a Chicago Coins "Juke Box" pinball machine at a yard sale this weekend. Works ok, added a new chime assy because the previous owner removed the original for some reason. So now that I got that working was wondering if anyone had any ideas why my backbox bulbs are blowing out. Put a DMM to it and it reads 40.6 volts, that's for most of the bulb sockets. The "tilt" works fine and registers around 6.2 V when lit. Only 6.2 V are being fed at the subpanel to bacbox connector (blue\white wire) and when I test any bulb socket in the backbox by touching the primary lead and using the subpanel ground instead of the backbox ground I get 6.2 V. Any reason why the backbox ground would increase the voltage by 33-34 volts ?

Thanks in advance !

#2 9 years ago

Thanks !

#3 9 years ago

The back box lights are AC.
When you use the backbox ground this is why you get a crazy reading.

You are measuring one side with AC and the other side of your meter is on DC ground.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-backbox-bulbs-blowing-out-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.