(Topic ID: 295991)

Chicago Coin Advance Bowler Shuffle Questions

By Rick_L

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Just joined. This is my first post. I am working on my first EM game. It is a 1953 Chicago Coin Advance Bowler shuffle.

First, I need a schematic. Have tried PBR, Marcos, St. Louis Ball Bowler and eBay. Have been told it is the same as Mad Cap bowler, but I cannot find anything on that game.

Second, it has an 18 switch reset bank, but no label, so it is kind of hard to figure out what switch does what. Were the CC bowler switch banks similar between different bowlers? Could I figure it out that way?

Third, when the game resets the coil for the second switch from the right on the switch bank stays energized and starts to smoke if I don't turn the machine off. I can't find any loose wires. All the steppers move easily. I've looked at just about every switch, but without a schematic it is hard to know if they should be normally open or normally closed. The make/breaks I have looked at seem to be set correctly.

The guy I bought it from told me his father had just been through the game before they put it in storage many years ago and it looks like it. Just dusty on the inside. No goop or grunge on the motors or mechanisms. Steppers and score reels are all functioning smoothly.

Let me know if I should post more info.

Thanks,
    Rick L.

2 weeks later
    #2 2 years ago

Unsolder the wire that goes to the problem coil. Troubleshooting should be easier now.
    Identifying what each bank relay does by unlatching it to label it, schematics usually won’t show that information. Post pics in areas of question.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-advance-bowler-shuffle-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.