By MurphyPeoples

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4143 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MurphyPeoples.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I just picked up my first Chicago Coin Pinball yesterday. I couldn't resist the theme. I brought it home and found everything to be working on the playfield. Everything scores. In the head, the 0-9 score reel has a clipped wire to the coil. But all other reels score normally. There is a stepper unit for what is either for an Add-A-Ball or Game Counter? I can manipulate the unit manually but it is gummed up pretty bad. The thing is, it doesn't have a reel attached to it. And it seems like perhaps the "number" might have been illuminated/projected onto the backglass? Because the square area for the number is transparent white.

A question I have is "how to turn off the game"? I can cut it on by pressing the left flipper button, but cannot find an external switch to cut it off? So I just unplug it.

Anyhow, I hoped other CC owners here might share their Tribal Knowledge of these single player pins. My goal is a full restoration over the winter. The playfield is in terrible shape, but art rehab is my forte - so I got the pin pretty cheap. If anyone can share an e-file of the schematic it would be greatly appreciated. - Murphy

IMG_4143 (resized).JPGIMG_4143 (resized).JPG
#3 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

1) Where the window in the backglass is was for a credit reel.
2) Most machines of this era have a bounce or kick switch for shutting down, give the cabinet bottom a good slap with an open palm about a third back from the front edge and it should shut off. My '69 CC Moon Shot I added a power switch inside the coin area so I did not have to do this. The fuse panel is right there on left side and easy to reverse.

Thanks! I'll check this out for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MurphyPeoples.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-1969-pinball-owners-pirate-gold-questions?tu=MurphyPeoples and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.