3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Mopar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Chicago Coin Base Animation Assy (resized).jpg
    DSC_0677 (resized).JPG
    #1 3 years ago

I purchased a Bullseye em that was apart, but the seller said just needed to be "shopped" Well I have fixed alot of issues
    Now working on the animation unit. The side opposite the switches, does not line up right. It has a clutch like cork washer
    that someone has glued on the larger plate. Now the smaller plate on the other side of the cork washer goes not grab it
    good enough. It has a spring that can be adjusted for more pressure, but still won't grab it tight enough. Any help with this
    appreciated.

DSC_0677 (resized).JPGDSC_0677 (resized).JPG
    #2 3 years ago

I went through one of these 2 or 3 years ago and put it out in a local
    Pizza Shop. I'll see about getting a pick of that unit if you think that'll
    help. It's been awhile. That animation unit is on the inside of the back
    door, right?

#3 3 years ago

This might help from the '69 CCM parts catalog:
    Chicago Coin Base Animation Assy (resized).jpgChicago Coin Base Animation Assy (resized).jpg
    /Mark

#4 3 years ago

Yes animation is on the back door. I did more troubleshooting, found the clutch release coil needed adjustment and cleaning.
    So it wasn't releasing the plate to move, so I've got that fixed. thanks. Now the animation unit turns but intermittently
    will put on the first base light and and not the at bat light on a home run. So the at bat coil seems to be engaging early as that what engages
    the animation. It has four fingers that will engage the lights, the at bat coil engages a finger depending on what is hit. So nothing
    should be engaged until it stops and engages the at bat light on a home run, but the first base light finger got engaged as it was turning. Just started on
    this issue. Thanks for the diagram and help. I have a schematic.

#5 3 years ago

Found that a couple of the fingers are bent, and get energized randomly. Someone had tried to fix this. Fortunately when I bought the machine the owner
    gave me a bucket of parts from a cannibalized CC base ball machine. I have the parts I need. I'm going to swap the whole
    assembly. I 'll let you know the outcome. There have been so many issues with this machine, but I'm learning alot about it.

1 month later
    #6 3 years ago

Still working on this machine. I swapped out the whole animation unit, it works fine now. Also bat unit.
    Working on a startup problem, where slide bank doesn't energize. I looked at schematic. I'm pretty sure it the switch
    on the scoring wheel. But how does Chicago coin identify the switch. It says cam 1 sec E sw B .
    So I'm assuming cam 1 nearest the motor sec E ( it's marked) sw b ? Is that the second switch from the cam or second
    to the last switch from the outside ?

3 months later
    #7 3 years ago

Just picked up my own Bulls Eye. Semi working.
    Going to start cleaning the reels and steppers today. After that I'll probably be doing what you are, trouble shooting.

Do you happen to have a schematic?

3 weeks later
    #8 3 years ago

I’m getting one of these in a lot purchase. Can someone give me the typical price range?

Will be selling it as I already have a Williams Official Baseball Deluxe.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mikemolang:

I’m getting one of these in a lot purchase. Can someone give me the typical price range?
    Will be selling it as I already have a Williams Official Baseball Deluxe.

Well, if you were closer I'd take a look, but you're about 2.5 hours away from me. It would be faster than fixing mine, and would help as I have no reference of parts, etc.

Price range? I have no idea. I did see a few ads on here, but they look a little stagnant. Priced too high, or just no interest?

#10 3 years ago

I have a Bulls Eye Baseball in a local Pizza shop. Since covid, it hasn't gotten played much
    and since I have a few other baseball machines, I'm thinking about trading it if anyone may
    have any trading piece and interest.. (T)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-1967-bullseye-baseball-animation?hl=mopar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.