Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PEN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Just curious if anyone has contacted the guy in Chicago for the BSD. It was listed at $1500 then went up to $2000. I sent an email when it was listed at $1500, but haven't gotten a call and I'm sure I wasn't the first person.

#2 10 years ago

Hopefully a pinsider was able to make a deal (wish it was me) and it's legit.

#3 10 years ago

I sold a really nice one for 1,700 a year ago. It was listed for a few weeks, all the local pinheads likely saw it. No one should be shocked to see one at 1,500. The shocking thing is when people ask 3,000 for a POS you will have to put countless hours and money into, just to get it worth near the original asking price.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

No one should be shocked to see one at 1,500.

Yeah, I think that's reasonable; I'm just curious why the guy listed it at $1500, then a couple hours later re-lists it for $2000 even after I emailed him my phone number (Per his CL Ad) Just seems a little fishy.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from gjbwalker:

Yeah, I think that's reasonable; I'm just curious why the guy listed it at $1500, then a couple hours later re-lists it for $2000 even after I emailed him my phone number (Per his CL Ad) Just seems a little fishy.

Someone probably called him and told him it was worth more than $1,500. BSD is a solid $2,000 game in my view. One that is in great condition with no fade, zero insert wear, perfect ramps and plastics is at $2,500 (but those are rare birds indeed).

#6 10 years ago

It's probably sold at that price.

#7 10 years ago

Funny, we're all wary of bargains. Only pinsiders know how much it should be. If it's on e-bay it's a rip-off, on craigslist it's a scam.

#8 10 years ago

The seller's name is Nick. He did this with several machines today. He had a HUO A13 listed for $2600 and then upped it to $3400. He says he made "some pricing mistakes". Yeah right, the BSD was originally $1500, then $1700, and now $2000. Those are not "mistakes" , just a shitty way to do business.

#9 10 years ago

What a jerk !

#10 10 years ago

yeah, the Funhouse was listed at $2700, now it is $3400 too.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

yeah, the Funhouse was listed at $2700, now it is $3400 too.

What is a reasonable price for a Funhouse? I thought these were going for around $2,500 or so in good condition. Am I living in 2011 on Funhouse prices?

#12 10 years ago

They were all turds except maybe the 13. That BSD even at $1500 did nothing for me.

#13 10 years ago

One would have to assume he put prices on games that he thought were reasonable, got 10,000 emails from all the guys that have the craigslist feed sent directly to them so they can be the first to respond, and then decided that he could charge more. A price readjustment caused by enormous response. I don't like it but I can't say I blame the guy. Why leave thousands on the table? He was made aware of a pricing "error" and corrected it. Apparently he was unaware of the recent pinflation - he is now.

Dave

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

One would have to assume he put prices on games that he thought were reasonable, got 10,000 emails from all the guys that have the craigslist feed sent directly to them so they can be the first to respond, and then decided that he could charge more. A price readjustment caused by enormous response. I don't like it but I can't say I blame the guy. Why leave thousands on the table? He was made aware of a pricing "error" and corrected it. Apparently he was unaware of the recent pinflation - he is now.
    Dave

Did anyone see the game? It could be worth $1,000. BSD is well known for planking, fading, and magnet moter mech issues.

One of the biggest factors on "pinflation" is "Pinretardation"

To many buyers seeing a CQ game sell for big money so now said title is worth that without much thought of condition.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-cl-bsd-ad-scam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.