Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Borygard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I typically work on my own games, at least the minor stuff, but things have been really crazy with my business (in a good way) and I've fallen behind on some repairs. I'd like to have someone come in and get me caught up. I have a handful of games with "minor" issues to resolve, ranging from early Bally to 90s stuff.

I have almost 30 games set up, so you/they would be welcome to hang around and play, have some beers (don't get ripped until the games are fixed), and I supposed I have money too if you're into that kind of thing.

I'm located in the western suburbs (Lockport) between Bolingbrook and Joliet. Suggestions of someone reputable I can use would be great.

Thanks,
    Tim

#2 8 years ago

Gavin is pretty popular. He has looked at my WH20 and I know many local people here use him.
    http://gavinsgameservice.com/

#3 8 years ago

Gavin is the man.

#4 8 years ago

You can also try Rick Schieve. Rick does charge for repair services and is located far west in Elburn. You may be too far south for Rick, but if you have a enough work he may take on the job.

I know there is someone who does repair work in Plainfield, which is closer to your location, but don't recall his name. Perhaps someone will know this tech.

You might get lucky and find a hobbiest local to you to help you out on one or two problems.

http://www.ricksgamerepair.com/

#5 8 years ago

Go Go Gavin's game service

#6 8 years ago

Right down by you is Brian Conway/Arcade Medic. I've had him work on a bunch of my machines, and always does a great job. PM me if you need his number.

#7 8 years ago

jk2171 -- I used to live near you -- Mill Creek.

#8 8 years ago

What work do you need done? I may be able to help at no charge. Board repairs are not my forte though but I do have a tech up here that is good.

#9 8 years ago

Ill second Rick Schieve. Absolutely first class. He is also fast.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from minnesota13:

jk2171 -- I used to live near you -- Mill Creek.

No s***! Small world...you originally from Chicago?

#11 8 years ago

Rick Schieve, Ted Estes and myself had the same employer. Ted of course now is working for JJP and Rick continues with his pin repair service.

I once had my basement in Batavia loaded with 70 or 80 pins, with the living room and sun room loaded with games. That was in the 1990's. I moved to Arkansas to avoid taxes and to de-compress.

Rick does a good job at repair and has been in it for decades.

#12 8 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions. Good to hear there are a few quality people in my vicinity.

To inhomearcades, that is a really generous offer! I wasn't actually expecting free service, but I'll PM you with more details and we can go from there.

#13 8 years ago

Rick is top-notch. Probably the nicest tech you'll come across . PM me your issues and perhaps I can help as well.

#14 8 years ago

Yeah, I actually know Rick. He's a great guy and a really good tech. The problem is it's a haul for him to come out here (although I know he would do it) so I was hoping to find someone more local to spare him the trek.

#15 8 years ago

Does anyone do re-decals in the Chicago area? It's one thing I'm scared to do on my own. Probably too big of a pain though to have someone else do it.

#16 8 years ago

My Father does repairs in the area. He's actually not that far from you (he's in Naperville). Feel free to give him a call or shoot him an email. www.nelsonamusements.com

#17 8 years ago

Contact Gavin @ Gavin's Game Service
    www.gavinsgameservice.com

He definitely services your area and is the best around in my opinion.

#18 8 years ago

Brian Conway came by and had my Funhouse up and running in an hour after my playfield swap. Nice guy. Fun to watch someone who really knows what they are doing attack the problems.

#19 8 years ago

Gavin will work Northbrook? Looking for someone in that area. I've got a machine out in the suburbs (family home) that is having issues (link the thread below). I'm trying to get better with stuff but it just feels way over my head.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-good-gofers-wont-boot-up-anymore-died-midgame#post-704767

Also curious what the costs are typically to have someone come out?

1 week later
    #20 8 years ago

Just a bump. Does anyone have a tech for the North Suburbs? Still need someone.

#21 8 years ago

I'm Pretty sure Gavin would work in Northbrook , Did you try to contact him ?

#22 8 years ago

Gavin is my vote he does all my pins for me and some vid stuff. TOP SHELF
    Pincades
    JT

#23 8 years ago

Rick is fantastic. Pinball or video games. He will work Northbrook or any of the north suburbs.
    http://www.ricksgamerepair.com/

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
    [email protected]

#24 8 years ago

Gavin has done work for me up in Lake County. Good guy, knows his stuff, and fast.

#25 8 years ago

If you can't get someone local to come out, I'm in the Chicago area pretty often and certainly not afraid of a drive.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    314-766-4587

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside